Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Macbook Pro won't turn on

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hi all,

My daughters Macbook Pro won't turn on. She last used it yesterday. She's panicking as she starts her A-Levels next week and still has coursework to do still. All templates etc are on the laptop. It's 3 years old.

Charger is good but it's completely unresponsive. Any Apple experts able to help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Fortunately I have a sense of humour. My daughter on the other hand might rip your throat out for that. It's not fun here at the moment. Please let us beat Chelsea😄

Hope it gets sorted she's a similar age to my Jnr, I get how stressed she'll be. :(
Persuade her there's a plan B even if you can't think of one atm, there is one.. She should get in touch with her tutor first thing tomorrow morning though.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Could it be the screen? I thought mine was totally dead, but I was getting lights on the keyboard but the screen needed replacing.
No lights whatsoever. Her Apple device 'find my' shows that it went completely offline at 4.22pm when she had it with her (in her bag) in an after school Art help session.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Speak to Apple (Eire based), they very good when I had similar problem years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here