Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mac and caicedo

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think it’s a bit harsh to say they are going for the money.

Much as we love Brighton, we know we aren’t (yet!) in a place where players are going to win the league with us, or seriously compete in the Champions League with a possibility of actually winning it. If you want to be considered the best then you need to win things.

It’s also the case that in football, one bad injury can see a serious impact on their career. It’s easy as fans to say “just one more season” but none of them are guaranteed health or time in the game to realise their dreams, so if opportunities come up, they need to take them.

Don’t get me wrong, I am sure that the money helps a lot but I actually doubt it’s the main reason they want to move on, they both seem to love Brighton and if they could achieve those things here, even on a lower salary, I actually think they would stay. They can’t though, that’s the sad reality.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Let them go!!!! we are bound to have better players lined up to replace them, if previous transfers are anything to go by.

But seriously, don't go, give us another season. money isn't everything
Seriously, we have better players lined up than Ali McC & Moises....

I can't wait....

Grow up, they are world class, if we want better we would need to pay the same as what we sell them for, that makes no sense.
Also if we are unearthing more gems like them on the cheap, we will need a season at least to get to their level.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think only one will go. Mac appears to be the one but as of yet the figures banded about are laughable. WC winner from a team in the top 6 of the best league in the World, under a long contract, is not going to be cheap., certainly not the 60m being written in the press.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Think only one will go. Mac appears to be the one but as of yet the figures banded about are laughable. WC winner from a team in the top 6 of the best league in the World, under a long contract, is not going to be cheap., certainly not the 60m being written in the press.
Caicedo regularly linked with Arsenal. I'd say guaranteed they'll both be off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm still curious about this little comment from yesterday's coverage in The Guardian…

"De Zerbi says: “I have to say thanks … I had two strong situations inside the dressing room … I don’t want to explain … I decided in my way and Tony never said anything … I love the freedom and now I have to say thanks.”

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm still curious about this little comment from yesterday's coverage in The Guardian…

"De Zerbi says: “I have to say thanks … I had two strong situations inside the dressing room … I don’t want to explain … I decided in my way and Tony never said anything … I love the freedom and now I have to say thanks.”
Caicedo to Arsenal earlier in the season and the Sanchez situation, no?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
You have to think one of those situations was sanchez

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Which is why it's not done yet. There will be many more value options available than our two, who I guess Tony will want in the region of £70 - 80m and £90 - 100m for respectively.

If nobody meets Tony's valuation, they're lining up for us next season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Trossard and Sanchez without much doubt.

Might be Caicedo but that was just for a few days and nipped in the bud.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Two players breaching the NDP, DeZ not tolerating it and Tony allowing him to resolve it, even if it means selling/benching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here