Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Mac Allister - why isn't he playing more?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We'll never no if he had performed the same way if given the chance earlier. When he started 10 games in a row in the spring, he certainly wasnt as good, involved and productive as he is now. Sometimes it takes time for the player to reach the level he needs, sometimes it takes time for the manager to try to find the optimal way to use the player, sometimes its a bit of both or other factors... always difficult to tell. But regardless I'm very happy for him and the team that he is now breaking through and while I'm sure a young player like him will dip in form every now and then, I think he has now gone over the threshold and will feature a lot more.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does he have a song yet? Was thinking something along the lines of Jimmy Mack - Martha and the Vandellas could work.
Ali, Ali Mac…… ?
Over to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not yet, we’re waiting for someone to confirm how to pronounce his name.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
Fantastic performance from Alexis tonight. His best in a Brighton shirt imo. Aggressive, always in the right place, and quality use of the ball. What a player he’s becoming. Need to get him on a new contract asap.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fantastic performance from Alexis tonight. His best in a Brighton shirt imo. Aggressive, always in the right place, and quality use of the ball. What a player he’s becoming. Need to get him on a new contract asap.

Totally agree. You can see his confidence growing game by game. Love watching him. What a squad we have now!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interesting his progression at the club. From what looked like a number 10 to a genuine CM. Super combative for someone so silky.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

He was immense, and is in a stunning run of form. He's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.
I think I've under-estimated him, but it's only really in this run that he's fulfilled his potential, and played consistently. I'm sure being playing 90 minutes game-in, game-out is having that effect. I was fully aware of his vision, technique, shooting ability, but it wasn't until last night that he demonstrated just how good he is at tackling. He owned Gallagher et al in the middle of the park.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was immense, and is in a stunning run of form. He's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.
I think I've under-estimated him, but it's only really in this run that he's fulfilled his potential, and played consistently. I'm sure being playing 90 minutes game-in, game-out is having that effect. I was fully aware of his vision, technique, shooting ability, but it wasn't until last night that he demonstrated just how good he is at tackling. He owned Gallagher et al in the middle of the park.

So pleased for him, I did worry that he wasn’t going to make it here not so long ago

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Bang on.

Really rate him. Every time he gets the ball, he looks for a forward pass, movement superb…….

There really is nothing not to like.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He was great last night. Saw an aggressive edge to him that I’ve not seen before - he won a lot of possession for us and his passing and movement was super.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep……although oddly we’d been talking about his pressing and tackling up till now :lolol::lolol: Also upped his game last night even more when he got clattered.

Fantastic performance from him last night again….that’s quite a few in a row now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1482480451394670597[/tweet]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He is a fantastic player who should be playing centrally in every single game. You don't rotate your best player (when Bissouma is at the Comedy Cup).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here