Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Anyone else go to HMV Apollo in Hammersmith last night? Considering there is only one original member left they were brilliant,Jonny Van Zant is the current vocalist and sounds like his older brother Ronnie in the original Skynyrd.Just one song in the encore but what a song-the long version of Freebird-special!P.S. if anyone else was there,guitarist Mark Matejka is the spitting image of Robbie Savage,or was it Robbie?? Well I've certainly had a mixed musical weekend Coldplay Saturday with my daughter and Skynyrd with Mrs SNG last night!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Hi
Yes I was there with my better half. They were superb, really tight all set which just built to a fantastic ending with Sweet Home followed by the encore of Freebird. Really enjoyed the support Red White & Blues as well.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Yes,towards the end of the set.One of my favourites of the evening was Simple Man.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I saw them once at The Dome, with Golden Earring supporting. Must have been circa '73 / '74.

I was there too Binney and thought they blew Golden Earring off stage. I remember it was the first time that I heard Free Bird - great, great, rock track. Happy days eh?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was in Hammersmith on Sunday night. I love Lynyrd Skynrd and they have to be one of the best live acts there is.

The energy and sheer delight with which they play. The audience loved them and they clearly loved playing too. And Robbie Savage in the line up too. Talk about a spitting image.

I've had a varied musical week too; Legally Blond - The Musical in Aberdeen on Tuesday, Fat Boy Slim at the Amex on Saturday and Lynyrd Skynyrd in Hammersmith on Sunday.

No prizes for guessing which one I enjoyed the most

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Hey! I want you to welcome some very old friends of ours ...."

Brilliant band, and one of the biggest regrets of my life is not seeing them at the Dome in the 1970s when I had the chance. Not TOO sure I'd like to see what is in effect little more than a tribute band - but maybe I'm just saying that because I didn't go!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here