Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lymphoma / Blood Cancer

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hate reading all the contributions giving first hand advice (because of the turmoil gone through) but at the same time feel an overwhelming respect and admiration.

To all those involved, you are better people than me.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I‘ve been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement on this thread and also the much tougher path that many others have to follow - for a football forum this is quite a place. Anyhow, met my consultant today at the Sussex Cancer Centre and she doesn’t want me to have chemo at this stage. Although the disease is widespread the better news is it isn’t as advanced as it could be and therefore I will be having four sessions of an antibody therapy throughout January that marks the cancer cells and enables my own immune system to target them more easily - how clever is that. Chemo may follow if this doesn’t work but at this stage life looks to be a bit easier to manage than it might have been. Best wishes to all those going through cancer treatment of whatever type.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I‘ve been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement on this thread and also the much tougher path that many others have to follow - for a football forum this is quite a place. Anyhow, met my consultant today at the Sussex Cancer Centre and she doesn’t want me to have chemo at this stage. Although the disease is widespread the better news is it isn’t as advanced as it could be and therefore I will be having four sessions of an antibody therapy throughout January that marks the cancer cells and enables my own immune system to target them more easily - how clever is that. Chemo may follow if this doesn’t work but at this stage life looks to be a bit easier to manage than it might have been. Best wishes to all those going through cancer treatment of whatever type.
That's positive news - great to hear. Fingers crossed for the treatment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's great news for you and very positive.
Enjoy the festivities :thumbsup:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have been on the type of antibody therapy that you describe for the last 12 months. It is the 4th type of treatment that I have had and it has been by far the most effective so far with no significant side effects. All the very best with it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patreon
Oct 20, 2022
Chemo may follow if this doesn’t work but at this stage life looks to be a bit easier to manage than it might have been. Best wishes to all those going through cancer treatment of whatever type.
That’s excellent news - I am so pleased you still have options before resorting to chemo and all the potential side effects that can have. I remain constantly in awe at the medical advances that have been made for cancer treatments in the past 20 years but there’s no getting away from it, chemo and radiation are still harsh to cope with.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
You have treatment plan which is great, wishing you well on your journey (y)

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just a quick update from me - saw my consultant yesterday after my first round of immunotherapy treatment finished 8 weeks ago and the progress is so good they don't want to do anything else at this stage. I'll see her again in three months and have a rescan later this year. It won't ever go away but thanks to the team at RSCH it's been beaten back into submission for at least a while. Result for me in the afternoon followed by another in the evening! Best wishes to all going through anything similar.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Just a quick update from me - saw my consultant yesterday after my first round of immunotherapy treatment finished 8 weeks ago and the progress is so good they don't want to do anything else at this stage. I'll see her again in three months and have a rescan later this year. It won't ever go away but thanks to the team at RSCH it's been beaten back into submission for at least a while. Result for me in the afternoon followed by another in the evening! Best wishes to all going through anything similar.
That’s great news, a nice way to start the day👍

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wonderful news. It's great to hear that immunotherapy is working so well for you. It is working well for me as well and my Myeloma as I have been in remission for 15 months.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's brilliant news! Really pleased for you mate! Hope the recovery goes well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's great news to hear!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here