Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** LVCC Division One, Sussex vs. Surrey at Arundel, June 12-15, 2013 ***

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
just started thread on the Esssex score, didnt realise you lot were discussing it already!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
20 in their 2nd Innings. Hmm, Sussex would bite your hand off for that.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
When I played for my school under 11s, we got a school near Horsham all out for 5. We got St Aubyn's all out for 19 too. Essex are in fine company.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tony Cottee should stick to football. I can't see any possible reason for Surrey to declare behind...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yesterday batsman Ravi Bopara got more runs for England in one over than his county managed in a whole innings.

:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only other score of 20 or under in the County Championship in the last 73 years was 1983, Surrey vs Essex at...Chelmsford. Some coincidence...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sussex were bowled out for 23 by Warks at the manor ground in Worthing in 1964. They played there quite a bit there in those days. I think they called it a day soon after that though.
I played against Worthing 2nds a few times there and often got one up round by lug holes and I,m 6 ft 4in. Scary wicket years ago.

We got bowled out for 28 against Lancing College once but when we went back there the following season we put one of big lads in with the scorer in the hut and threatened him often enough to get us up to 80 odd.
Our best ever performance that year.

Now 341/6, with Surrey moving inexorably towards maximum batting points. I can only assume that they are fully aware that rubbish opposition can be dispatched for 20 runs in their second innings. I await a declaration some time after tea tomorrow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least we got the second bowling point

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Now 341/6, with Surrey moving inexorably towards maximum batting points. I can only assume that they are fully aware that rubbish opposition can be dispatched for 20 runs in their second innings. I await a declaration some time after tea tomorrow.

Very happy with that. I think we're getting a little bit better with every match - remember, we're playing with the big boys now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here