Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **LVCC Division One, Sussex v Somerset at Hove, Sep 14-17, 2015**

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
If we go down this season, it won't be because Yorkshire may have gone easy on Hampshire, it will be because, quite simply, we are shite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we go down this season, it won't be because Yorkshire may have gone easy on Hampshire, it will be because, quite simply, we are shite.

But they have, nevertheless, taken their foot off the gas after securing the title.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The scoring system is suspect in situations like this. Hants and Yorks can engineer a result because Yorks don't need the bonus points.

Yet Sussex and Somerset are in a very similar scoring position in their game, but because both need the bonus points (only available in the first innnings), they can't engineer a run/wicket chase.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As it stands by agreeing the declarations Hampshire have forgone bowling points and so will only have 1 pt to add to their 5 batting points. If they win the game then thats 22 points putting them on 157 pts.

Without a bowling point yet and assuming the match is drawn, we will have 10 pts putting us on 156 pts - a point behind going into the final game.

Getting to 6 wickets today is going to be potentially critical (if Hants do bowl Yorkshire out).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope Yorkshire are equally as generous to us next week.

I fear you may be disappointed. They'll get heavily criticized for letting Hants gain an easy walkover, and won't make the same mistake again.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am a Somerset fan and shaking with rage about Yorkshire. Even if they do win then the integrity of the league has gone. Disgraceful. Would they have done this if the match was not on sky?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We desperately need wickets now. Come on Sussex!!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
As it stands by agreeing the declarations Hampshire have forgone bowling points and so will only have 1 pt to add to their 5 batting points. If they win the game then thats 22 points putting them on 157 pts.

Without a bowling point yet and assuming the match is drawn, we will have 10 pts putting us on 156 pts - a point behind going into the final game.

Getting to 6 wickets today is going to be potentially critical (if Hants do bowl Yorkshire out).

It's not the full 16 points for a win if an innings is forfeited is it? Thought it was 8 or 10 historically?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here