Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Warwickshire v Sussex at Birmingham

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It all looks good on paper, 329 for only 4 down, but you have to remember Warwickshire have set this wicket up for Trott, who will quickly rack these runs up on a way to his own triple century.

We need at least 900 to put ourselves in a position to draw at Edgbaston.

Still I must not put a dampner on Nash's efforts at bagging some bonus points, but I reckon the Warwickshire players will be sniggering at our run rate of only about 2.5 yesterday an the prospect of putting another new Sussex bowler to the sword.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I see the oppostion went from 163/8 to 280ao.

How very Sussex of you.

Indeed, I think the problem was the captain didn't bring me back for a second spell.

It was an amusing finish though, we kept trying to convince their number 11 to smash the winning runs and take the glory. He eventually tried to oblige and completely missed the ball which then CLATTERED into his stumps :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Indeed, I think the problem was the captain didn't bring me back for a second spell.

It was an amusing finish though, we kept trying to convince their number 11 to smash the winning runs and take the glory. He eventually tried to oblige and completely missed the ball which then CLATTERED into his stumps :lolol:
Brilliant. With the bloke at the other end on 115 not out that is classic number 11 behaviour... :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's the way to do it!

108.6 Patel to Wright, no run
108.5 Patel to Wright, no run
108.4 Patel to Wright, no run
108.3 Patel to Wright, no run
108.2 Patel to Wright, no run
108.1 Patel to Wright, no run

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
To be fair, Luke Wright isn't the sort of player to score runs quickly...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Played out 2 overs of spin without even attempting to hit a boundary. Odd.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Brilliant. With the bloke at the other end on 115 not out that is classic number 11 behaviour... :lolol:

It gets better, prior to that the number 11 had survived a maiden over and tried to SMASH a couple of them too. The guy on 115 clearly had a word with him telling him to be sensible before patting back a maiden himself. First ball of the next over, SWING, CLATTER.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stupid twats.
This. Typically selfish by Wright. More concerned about his own century than a much needed point in the fight against relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here