[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Warwickshire at Hove, May 24-27

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
IF, and that's a big if, we can get to 50 ish for the first wicket we might make it. If not, could be a long drawn out 3 hours of despair.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
0/0 from 2 overs

Already batting out for a DRAW.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good 1 day player. Very poor opener in championship cricket I'm afraid.

a poor shot according to the radio commentary.

Joyce has also been dropped, on zero.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
IF, and that's a big if, we can get to 50 ish for the first wicket we might make it. If not, could be a long drawn out 3 hours of despair.

Looks like Sussex have chose the latter option, its going to be hell gentlemen.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks like Sussex have chose the latter option, its going to be hell gentlemen.
"Joking" aside this is a complete treat for us cricket fans - an afternoon's play likely to be full of incident and intrigue.

Thank you Trotty...!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very interesting that both Joyce and Wells have been dropped in the last couple of overs and the commentators are justifiably talking up Warwickshire's chances...

Yet Sussex are currently 2/5 with William Hill.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very interesting that both Joyce and Wells have been dropped in the last couple of overs and the commentators are justifiably talking up Warwickshire's chances...

Yet Sussex are currently 2/5 with William Hill.

Any fielding side, irrespective of how helpful the pitch is, if you keep dropping chances, you do risk throwing it all away.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I somehow feel we will be involved in a relegation dogfight unless the batting starts to pick up. A loss today will be significant in the overall season IMHO.

Or maybe I am just a bit too pessimistic as far as SCCC are concerned?

TNBA

TTF

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I somehow feel we will be involved in a relegation dogfight unless the batting starts to pick up. A loss today will be significant in the overall season IMHO.

Or maybe I am just a bit too pessimistic as far as SCCC are concerned?

TNBA

TTF

I think if we carry on preparing minefields at Hove, batting bonus points are going to be at a premium.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Would've been close without that pesky E X Tras top-scoring for them with 60-odd across the 2 innings. He always has a blinder against us. Sign him up!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Any fielding side, irrespective of how helpful the pitch is, if you keep dropping chances, you do risk throwing it all away.
My point was that the bookies had this priced up wrong at the start of the Sussex innings and compounded their error after Sussex's moderately good start. Presumably the fall of the third wicket will now see Warwickshire marginal odds on and they'll probably still be the value.

Sussex need a really big innings from one of only two or three batsmen. It can happen but was never 2/5...?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

50 for the first wicket - what planet are you on?!? We'd be lucky to get 50 for the first 5 wickets.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wright to Wright.

Other than that it's all going wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports