Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Nottinghamshire v Sussex at Nottingham, Sep 15-18

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is the BBC app broken? It's saying Sussex won...

Don't think so, we didn't get a mention on the 5Live cricket update just now. Loads of stuff about Middlesex though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
BBC Reports Warwicks confirmed as Runners Up with 100,000 prize money. Am I missing something? Big Sussex win and Warwicks loss = Sussex 2nd Place?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A Warwicks-Durham low scoring Draw would be good next week!

By my maths if we beat Northants, Warwickshire lose to Durham and we at least match the Bears for bonus points then we will finish second. This is providing Durham win but DON'T get more than three more bonus points than us.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I dont disagree with you, but the pitch is batsmen friendly, we are scoring at 5.5 per over.
If we bat till lunch, scoring at the same rate, we will have a lead of about 360 ish
That would leave Notts, who have a very strong batting line up, 60 odd overs to score 360 @ 6 an over, which they wll fancy.
I think we will bat out to make the game safe for the draw points.

I dont half talk some bollox sometimes. LOL
Well done Sussex, I cant believe after the way the batsmen have controlled this match for the first three and a third sessions, that a team with the batting strength of Notts have folded in 60 overs.
Notts must be well pissed off. If we can put Northants to the sword and grab maximum points then we will be 2nd if Durham beat Warks
Prize money jumps from 81K for third to 169K for second

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Frustrating that we couldn't do this more often. You watch, we'll lose to Northants now!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dont half talk some bollox sometimes. LOL
Well done Sussex, I cant believe after the way the batsmen have controlled this match for the first three and a third sessions, that a team with the batting strength of Notts have folded in 60 overs.
Notts must be well pissed off. If we can put Northants to the sword and grab maximum points then we will be 2nd if Durham beat Warks
Prize money jumps from 81K for third to 169K for second

Makes a small dent in our losses. Great to see the prize money has been altered sufficiently. Didn't we win £100k for our first championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here