Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton trains

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So not a strike, but have we had this specific situation on a home game already I've got to rely on trains to and from Southampton for this one when I don't usually.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Im surprised there isnt more trouble from angry public towards railways staff, mustve overtaken the traffic warden a long time ago

el punal

So not a strike, but have we had this specific situation on a home game already I've got to rely on trains to and from Southampton for this one when I don't usually.
I normally catch the 10.28 from Southampton for Saturday home games (3.00 pm kick off). I recently did the same a couple of weeks ago for a lads booze up in Brighton. My train ran to schedule although got crowded en route because of other cancelled services. South Western trains however were severely disrupted.

Fingers crossed we don’t get buggered up for the 12th August.

I’m not anti-Union but I’m starting to get really pissed off with the continual disruption of rail travel. If it’s not engineering works, then it’s strike action, or then it’s an overtime ban. Whatever the reason it’s a gamble as to whether I get where I want to go on time, or at all, and whether I’ll actually be able to get home. Enough FFS!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do they make much difference ? I travelled last weekend during the actual strikes - annoying it was an hourly west coast way to Brighton but then regular trains per hour to VIC & London Bridge - journey went really well except the extra 20mins

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Do they make much difference ? I travelled last weekend during the actual strikes - annoying it was an hourly west coast way to Brighton but then regular trains per hour to VIC & London Bridge - journey went really well except the extra 20mins
When there are probably 2000 at least planning on using the train from Luton and the football special timetable presumably relies on overtime- yes, yes it will

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Oh for heaven’s sake. My new season resolution was to do my bit for the Green cause by not driving to Brighton, and to try getting the train again. Now this. Cheers Mick Lynch. You absolute twat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No trains next weekend for Pride Saturday 😮

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m hoping the south coast trains via lewes are running but just busier - there is one that comes from Brighton, stops at lewes and reverses course so is always empty at lewes, hoping that is still on.

Don’t really care how I get home, I’ll do a proclaimers if I have to, just don’t want to miss the match.

el punal

I sympathise, trains between Southampton and Brighton are a challenge at the best of times.
Challenge? That’s an understatement. I don’t know who is responsible for ‘train management’ regarding the Southampton/Brighton service but it’s about time they were a bit more pro-active and a damn sight less blasé about their performance. I refer them to this (if they read NSC!) :

1. On Saturdays I will catch the train from Southampton to Brighton to watch the Albion. The train will be made up with four carriages. Bearing in mind it’s a Saturday the train will provide transport for, not only football fans, but day trippers, hen/stag parties, people en route to Gatwick Airport and so on. By the time this train reaches Chichester it will be standing room only. From Worthing it will be rammed and many will not be able to board. Logical solution? Put on extra carriages - is it that difficult?

2. The number of times I have not been able to board the Southampton bound train on a Saturday evening because of overcrowding is getting beyond a joke. The reason being that many of the passengers get off at most of the stations between Brighton and Worthing. Why not introduce a non-stop service to Worthing to allow those going further to be able to travel on the service without being held back?

See it! Say it! F***ing sort it! :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m hoping the south coast trains via lewes are running but just busier - there is one that comes from Brighton, stops at lewes and reverses course so is always empty at lewes, hoping that is still on.

Don’t really care how I get home, I’ll do a proclaimers if I have to, just don’t want to miss the match.
When you go will you send back a letter from American Express Stadium?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I’m not anti-Union but I’m starting to get really pissed off with the continual disruption of rail travel. If it’s not engineering works, then it’s strike action, or then it’s an overtime ban. Whatever the reason it’s a gamble as to whether I get where I want to go on time, or at all, and whether I’ll actually be able to get home. Enough FFS!!
I hope the government are taking note of the public’s frustration and offer an acceptable deal to the rail workers who are a key part of how our country runs.
They can’t keep giving directors massive bonuses whilst many rail workers struggle to make ends meet.

*before the Daily Mail readers reply, I’m not talking about the drivers, I’m talking about the vast number of other railway employees.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
I hope the government are taking note of the public’s frustration and offer an acceptable deal to the rail workers who are a key part of how our country runs.
They can’t keep giving directors massive bonuses whilst many rail workers struggle to make ends meet.

*before the Daily Mail readers reply, I’m not talking about the drivers, I’m talking about the vast number of other railway employees.
Great crossword...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I would imagine they will be the first to disappear and all drivers for the rest of the trains will be those who can only drive 4 car trains

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Challenge? That’s an understatement. I don’t know who is responsible for ‘train management’ regarding the Southampton/Brighton service but it’s about time they were a bit more pro-active and a damn sight less blasé about their performance. I refer them to this (if they read NSC!) :

1. On Saturdays I will catch the train from Southampton to Brighton to watch the Albion. The train will be made up with four carriages. Bearing in mind it’s a Saturday the train will provide transport for, not only football fans, but day trippers, hen/stag parties, people en route to Gatwick Airport and so on. By the time this train reaches Chichester it will be standing room only. From Worthing it will be rammed and many will not be able to board. Logical solution? Put on extra carriages - is it that difficult?

2. The number of times I have not been able to board the Southampton bound train on a Saturday evening because of overcrowding is getting beyond a joke. The reason being that many of the passengers get off at most of the stations between Brighton and Worthing. Why not introduce a non-stop service to Worthing to allow those going further to be able to travel on the service without being held back?

See it! Say it! F***ing sort it! :angry:
Jack Albion, care to reply?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Im surprised there isnt more trouble from angry public towards railways staff, mustve overtaken the traffic warden a long time ago
Too right young man, I have some railway scroat just waiting for a bunch of fives to spread his nose. I am all for the working man but they are taking the Michael now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here