Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This not being backed thing from RDZ apologists is just bollocks and a shit excuse for an abysmal performance on the back of a number of poor/very average performances.

Bloom is in this for nearly £500m, he’s consistently backed us massively and to suggest he hasn’t is ridiculous. We have done wonders for RDZ and his massively over hyped reputation, he and the team owe Tony much, much better than this.
The bollocking starts with the manager and captain . . . Pathetic performances this evening.

shit happens . . . One has to laugh etc . . . . Rather today than Saturday. . . . Although I'm a little nervous. . . IF we're to progress, these are high levels, then there needs to be further transition, asides integrating incoming players and more yoof to replace lost gems, we have a few veterans who are very easily read these days.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why? There is no way there will not be a reaction to tonight's result.
Palace full of confidence after fighting back twice to win, Luton laying the blueprint on how to stop our playing out from the back, players bereft of confidence, 0 goals scored in 270 mins of league football, top scorer injured, manager looking disinterested, no mitoma, no adingra. One shining light is that Fati MIGHT play. That is it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Disagree. We’re are fairly consistently shit this season. Our better performances have been very few and far between
Well that's clearly not true is it? We are 8th, possibly 10th after games in hand have been played.

I agree though that we are not hitting last season's heights and probably won't. Just hope we're a cup team this time round!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A very unexpected sh*tty evening, no football podcasts for me this week.
Unexpected? I could see this kind of performance coming a mile off tonight - ok wasn't expecting 4-0 but had a strong feeling we wouldn't cope with how up for it they'd be and how much they'd suffocate us, especially knowing they'd want to avenge the 1-4 first game of the season. Knew we wouldn't be prepared or up for it. Fecking jolly up in the middle east in the middle of winter? What a load of bollocks

Anyway, f*** it and move on - not worth getting pissed off about!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Palace full of confidence after fighting back twice to win, Luton laying the blueprint on how to stop our playing out from the back, players bereft of confidence, 0 goals scored in 270 mins of league football, top scorer injured, manager looking disinterested, no mitoma, no adingra. One shining light is that Fati MIGHT play. That is it.
Shall I bother to go on Saturday ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not saying he’s not been backed - but he’s massively over delivered to date.
That was the point I was making about people saying he hasn’t been backed.

I think he’s done a good job for us but don’t think he’s over delivered. Personally I think Potter was really kicking us on and would have qualified for Europe last season too.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Well that's clearly not true is it? We are 8th, possibly 10th after games in hand have been played.

I agree though that we are not hitting last season's heights and probably won't. Just hope we're a cup team this time round!
Results wise we have got over the line in a few games, I agree hence the table and cups we’re still in. But even a few of the European games like Athens home and away, Marseilles home and away, we weren’t great at all. We played well in both Ajax games. But this is what I mean about our good performances being few and far between.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
We have an absolute ton of injuries but you can’t buy your way out of that. Bloom has backed RDZ, João Pedro, Fati, Igor etc aren’t nothing.

I also think it’s interesting that we go on about Bloom etc not buying a CDM but when RdZ had his choice he chose to buy Dahoud. Maybe we’ve bought what RDZ wants us to buy? And maybe he’s seeing the fruits of that now?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Basically every of the last few games of Chris Hughton’s reign.
A truly awful period but I'd genuinely have that down as worse than Bournemouth/Cardiff.

We are unpredictable and yeah, shit performances can happen, but I'm shocked by the lack of desire from anyone in an Albion shirt. To come out for the second 45 after that to no change and no reaction whatsoever... Something is seriously wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here