Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
I don't know why more teams don't play this high intense press against us. A few teams have found us out. I remember a few give aways v Liverpool who I think were the first team to target us with th3 high press.
Someone please tell me we can find someone to play wide before Saturday. Can we put a call into Anthony Knockaert?!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
RDZ hasn’t been backed and this evening is the consequence. Reality is we are significantly weaker than we were last season and we’ve been punching above our weight.

That said, I really do question RDZ at times, the constant changing of keepers isn’t working, his personnel changes are questionable and you’ve got a young player in Ferguson that is quite obviously disillusioned at the moment playing second fiddle to Danny Welbeck.

Let’s not take away the deserved credit for Luton and the way they’ve set up, but as I’ve said im afraid this has been coming.

RDZ will be gone in the summer and if we keep failing to replace these quality players we are losing and not reinvesting that into the squad then we are seriously in the shit.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Luton 4 shots on target, 3 goals.

Steele is an absolutely shite shot stopper.

He's great with the ball at his feet, but you wouldn't have thunk it tonight after all his hoooofs up the pitch that got nowhere.

RDZ got it completely wrong tonight selecting him tonight.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I mean it isn’t ideal, if it goes to 4-0 I’ll prob turn off and go to bed. If we win then I’ll stay up.

RDZ controls my bedtime tonight

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Listening on the old radio. 3-0 down in a rickety old stadium, playing awful football.

Such a nostalgic trip.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever happens it’s one game, we need to learn. Still lots of young players

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Half time ratings just in.

RDZ - 0. Has his possible frustration at transfer budget impacted on the players? System and preparation all wrong. Sends them out with the wrong attitude.
Steele - How easy was the third? Massive gap near post embarrassing. Hardly covered himself in glory for the otehr two fapping around and weak.
JPVH - 1 Fouling and mouthing off
Dunk - 1
Igor - 1
Estupinian - 1 Possibly generous that
Gilmor - 1 So many poor balls
Gross - 1 Not at the races at all
Hinshelwood - 3
JP - 1 Wrong decision every time
Bunonotte - 0. One of the worse halves I have ever seen from a Brighton player in the last 10 years. Won a foul but gave the ball away at least 5 times
Welbeck - 4 Some good runs and actually looks like he could get in Luton's team which says it all.

Can't quite believe how soft we are. Not getting a strong centre midfielder when we have a chance in Europe and the FA cup is such a gutting shame.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Got to hand it to Luton they have closed us down so fast and with great courage I was just saying to some friends several times I counted 8 Luton players charging forward in our half while we had possession of the ball.
can only hope second half we don’t let anymore goals in and maybe pull one or two back to give us a fighting chance

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
RDZ hasn’t been backed and this evening is the consequence. Reality is we are significantly weaker than we were last season and we’ve been punching above our weight.

That said, I really do question RDZ at times, the constant changing of keepers isn’t working, his personnel changes are questionable and you’ve got a young player in Ferguson that is quite obviously disillusioned at the moment playing second fiddle to Danny Welbeck.

Let’s not take away the deserved credit for Luton and the way they’ve set up, but as I’ve said im afraid this has been coming.

RDZ will be gone in the summer and if we keep failing to replace these quality players we are losing and not reinvesting that into the squad then we are seriously in the shit.
That’s what I’m trying to say , RDZ will feel hard done by he ain’t been backed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here