Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If it is any consolation one of my mates who is 1901 did not have enough points for T1 Luton and missed out. 1901 is not just corporate it is mostly (much to the chagrin of the club I expect as they could charge much more) fans who were able to treat themselves to a decent match day experience. All the 1901 members I know fall into this category.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Presumably people go to games (home or away) for enjoyment. Nobody forces you. If the enjoyment of attending is more than offset by the pain of attending (rail fares etc) then presumably you don’t go. Everyone has a different equation there but it all follows the same rules: if you attend it’s because you enjoy it (even if you lose). So the more away games you go to the more net enjoyment you’re getting from life.

So a loyalty scheme, like ours, actually concentrates more enjoyment amongst those already in positive enjoyment territory. A loyalty scheme that spreads the enjoyment around a bit more can’t be that bad a thing.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Looks like Block 4 isn't currently on sale for Sheffield Utd, presume this can be made available if required.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
It’s partly a factor of our evolution I guess…….it’s not (or at least wasn’t) an unreasonable benefit for someone paying a significant premium for their season ticket on the face of it (there are all sorts of ‘membership schemes’ that have increasingly better benefits as you spend more) but last season and even more so this season demand for away tickets has rocketed due to more followers, better football and the consequent desire to get up the tiers. I’m not entirely sure how the scheme works for 1901 but essentially you can buy a ticket for every away game and give it to anyone you want (as long as named) ? If so, wonder how many 1901ers are in T1 but barely attend an away game……
Yes that’s how it works I’ve been named by my pal he couldt do stoke West Ham or spurs so named me I didt get the points he got them but I’ve not had the headache of booking tickets

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes that’s how it works I’ve been named by my pal he couldt do stoke West Ham or spurs so named me I didt get the points he got them but I’ve not had the headache of booking tickets

So, if your mate decides to go himself, or decides to give the ticket to someone else you are left with no points and no chance of getting to away games.

Maybe the points should go to the person that gets named as attending? That way 1901ers still get the benefit of being able to pass on the ticket, but don't get a benefit from non attendance.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is how we did Man U and Liverpool in the very first Prem season. Mate has corporate 1901s with the company name on. I know him and a director and was lucky enough to get to use them twice when they weren't. When I posted it on here (on a thread about Palace, because all Palace names are supposedly checked and I asked how company tickets could be) it didn't go down very well with certain posters who still seem to be against it, looking at this thread.

The thing is I then stopped, despite being offered a couple more, because I wanted to build up my own points and my son's too. It's taken years to get us to the same number of points, as he only became an STH in 2014, but now we are, and we're both T1 for most games. We've done it by going to unglamorous aways and all the cup homes. I'd rather do it this way and I assume most would (but then I do like a long distance train away, much prefer them to London games). Good couple of weekends away in Manchester and Liverpool though so I was never going to say no.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is how we did Man U and Liverpool in the very first Prem season. Mate has corporate 1901s with the company name on. I know him and a director and was lucky enough to get to use them twice when they weren't. When I posted it on here (on a thread about Palace, because all Palace names are supposedly checked and I asked how company tickets could be) it didn't go down very well with certain posters who still seem to be against it, looking at this thread.

The thing is I then stopped, despite being offered a couple more, because I wanted to build up my own points and my son's too. It's taken years to get us to the same number of points, as he only became an STH in 2014, but now we are, and we're both T1 for most games. We've done it by going to unglamorous aways and all the cup homes. I'd rather do it this way and I assume most would (but then I do like a long distance train away, much prefer them to London games). Good couple of weekends away in Manchester and Liverpool though so I was never going to say no.

I used to do the same as this. 1901 tickets, Home end, sometimes managed to grab some freebie Corporates off some suppliers. It's all well and good until the really big games come along which everyone wants to go to and then - like the Keyser Soze - they are all gone. You then look at your paltry "Member" points and realise how far down the pecking order you are. Coupled with my lad getting the bug I came to the conclusion that the only route is the hard one. Season ticket and Northern Industrial towns.

I really hope they open the other block at Sheffield United. My Albion + will miss out otherwise and possibly some of all ST's as well. The demand is currently strong enough for it to be open it seems.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You think you know people then stuff like this comes out.

Sickening.

Is it right to presume you'll be handing back your CBE?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, if you're mate decides to go himself, or decides to give the ticket to someone else you are left with no points and no chance of getting to away games.

Maybe the points should go to the person that gets named as attending? That way 1901ers still get the benefit of being able to pass on the ticket, but don't get a benefit from non attendance.
I have no problem with 1901ers getting priority access to purchase away tickets, that’s part and parcel of the premium they pay. They shouldn’t get points for games they don’t attend though……..whether they go to the attendee or not I’m not fussed either way.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I have no problem with 1901ers getting priority access to purchase away tickets, that’s part and parcel of the premium they pay. They shouldn’t get points for games they don’t attend though……..whether they go to the attendee or not I’m not fussed either way.
1901ers don’t get priority access to purchase away tickets. That isn’t included in the premium they pay.

They can pass tickets on to a named person - that’s the perk.

They are in the same points brackets as everyone else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You think you know people then stuff like this comes out.

Sickening.

Is it right to presume you'll be handing back your CBE?
If you check out a couple of other threads from today, you'll realise that stands for Cake and Biscuit Expert.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1901ers don’t get priority access to purchase away tickets. That isn’t included in the premium they pay.

They can pass tickets on to a named person - that’s the perk.

They are in the same points brackets as everyone else.
My misunderstanding inferred from what has been posted……So essentially 1901ers can basically do what others were doing prior to the ID checks were introduced (buy tickets, pass them on, keep the points and maintain tier status) - if so the second part still stand for me, they shouldn’t get points for games they don’t physically attend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here