[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But with those loyalty points earned by whoever uses their ticket?
I don’t know (being an individual 1901, not the owner of a corporate ticket), but I suspect the answer is yes. Of course, in order to buy the ticket in the first place the owner would have had to have enough points - but if your assertion is right, then once they’ve got to (say) T1, they’d be able to stay there as long as they could find someone who would want the away ticket for every game needed to maintain the status - which would require some admin, but is probably far from insurmountable.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The issue is more around the fact that knowing a 1901 member allows you to bypass any sort of loyalty based system. There’s no doubt a good number of 1901 members who have a lot of points but never go to aways, meaning they’re eligible to give their ticket for Luton, Ajax, etc. to someone who doesn’t bother for any others. Equally they can hoard points by giving it away for all other games then use points they’ve not earned for the ‘big’ games.
Don't you see that this is the perfect reward scheme looked at from the club's perspective. It adds a perceived value to a corporate ticket without costing the club anything.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I don’t know (being an individual 1901, not the owner of a corporate ticket), but I suspect the answer is yes. Of course, in order to buy the ticket in the first place the owner would have had to have enough points - but if your assertion is right, then once they’ve got to (say) T1, they’d be able to stay there as long as they could find someone who would want the away ticket for every game needed to maintain the status - which would require some admin, but is probably far from insurmountable.
In that case, that is a disgrace!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That’s what I meant. So a 1901 corporate can stay on top points by punting out to anyone every game they can’t make. Shocking if so.
It’s only in the last roughly 2 years that I realised 1901ers could trf away tix. We’ve always been able to trf home tix, and I’ve done so on rare occasions when unable to make a game, but I’ve never transferred an away ticket. It’s only this season that we’ve had to specify the user of an away ticket at the point of purchase.

I’ve said on here before that I can see no justification for 1901ers being able to transfer away tickets.

I’d happily trade that right for EL home games being included in the price of the ST again (they were for the first 5 seasons) - but that ain’t going to happen!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
651 left for Sheffield United and they could open another block though as we have them in the cup I wonder if that’ll be needed now.
That is a good question. I myself have decided to only go to one of the two games and am leaning towards the cup game especially if the game is confirmed as saturday 3.00 kick off. The original release was a little over 2000 of the nearly 3000 we could have in total for a league match. Of those we sold about 1000 on day one and have therefore sold another 350 today. I do not think that is sufficient demand to open more at the moment and a lot will hinge on the day when all season ticket holders can buy. That being said the spurs tickets have sold very well and one wonders if some people who miss out on both that and Luton will decide to get Sheffield tickets. Time alone will tell.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't you see that this is the perfect reward scheme looked at from the club's perspective. It adds a perceived value to a corporate ticket without costing the club anything.
How is it only a perceived value when it is a tangible benefit?

I would also suggest it is a legacy issue from when the stadium was first opened. I don't know as I've never had a 1901 seat but I'm guessing the T&Cs back in 2011 included this benefit when we probably didn't sell out away allocations in the championship. When the loyalty scheme was introduced the club couldn't arbitrarily change the T&Cs for the 1901s who were on 5 year contracts.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s only in the last roughly 2 years that I realised 1901ers could trf away tix. We’ve always been able to trf home tix, and I’ve done so on rare occasions when unable to make a game, but I’ve never transferred an away ticket. It’s only this season that we’ve had to specify the user of an away ticket at the point of purchase.

I’ve said on here before that I can see no justification for 1901ers being able to transfer away tickets.

I’d happily trade that right for EL home games being included in the price of the ST again (they were for the first 5 seasons) - but that ain’t going to happen!
At least you got to see those incredible EL runs we had in the first 5 seasons. Amazing times.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s partly a factor of our evolution I guess…….it’s not (or at least wasn’t) an unreasonable benefit for someone paying a significant premium for their season ticket on the face of it (there are all sorts of ‘membership schemes’ that have increasingly better benefits as you spend more) but last season and even more so this season demand for away tickets has rocketed due to more followers, better football and the consequent desire to get up the tiers. I’m not entirely sure how the scheme works for 1901 but essentially you can buy a ticket for every away game and give it to anyone you want (as long as named) ? If so, wonder how many 1901ers are in T1 but barely attend an away game……

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s partly a factor of our evolution I guess…….it’s not (or at least wasn’t) an unreasonable benefit for someone paying a significant premium for their season ticket on the face of it (there are all sorts of ‘membership schemes’ that have increasingly better benefits as you spend more) but last season and even more so this season demand for away tickets has rocketed due to more followers, better football and the consequent desire to get up the tiers. I’m not entirely sure how the scheme works for 1901 but essentially you can buy a ticket for every away game and give it to anyone you want (as long as named) ? If so, wonder how many 1901ers are in T1 but barely attend an away game……
You can only buy a ticket for an away game you have the LP for. Somebody would have had to put the miles in at the start to climb the greasy pole. But once there, it does seem as though you can keep there by buying tix and passing them on.

As to how many - I don’t know any who buy them and pass them on, but then the only 1901ers I know are individual fans like myself, not corporates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports