Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't see the problem myself.

A lot depends on how you define loyalty. IMO it's a combination of financial and period of time. The club don't benefit financially from those going to away games and the players on the field have no way of differentiating between one fan who has been to every awAy game or just one.

On a financial basis companies or individuals buying 1901 tickets should have more LPs assigned to the ticket than an old codger like me sat in the stands paying a reduced price.

Of course the points we are talking about aren't really 'loyalty' points but rather 'reward' points. It makes little difference to the club who buys tickets, home or away, so long as they are sold.
Really? On that basis, the club might as well sell tickets to the highest bidder then.

I think most will have a good understanding as to what loyalty means. What it doesn't mean is a 1901 ticket holder who buys a ticket for 19 mates for each of the away games in the premier league, gets allocated the loyalty points and then gets at the front of the queue for a Europa League Final ticket. But I'm guessing you're comfortable with that.

As for reward or loyalty, WTF is that about. Call it a reward if you like but you're still being rewarded for your loyalty, ie renewing your season ticket, going to away games etc etc. Bizarre to suggest otherwise.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Really? On that basis, the club might as well sell tickets to the highest bidder then.

I think most will have a good understanding as to what loyalty means. What it doesn't mean is a 1901 ticket holder who buys a ticket for 19 mates for each of the away games in the premier league, gets allocated the loyalty points and then gets at the front of the queue for a Europa League Final ticket. But I'm guessing you're comfortable with that.

As for reward or loyalty, WTF is that about. Call it a reward if you like but you're still being rewarded for your loyalty, ie renewing your season ticket, going to away games etc etc. Bizarre to suggest otherwise.
Why wouldn't I be? The club has gained far more from that ticket holder than they have from me irrespective of how many away games I've been to.

joelveltman

Nov 3, 2023

A lot depends on how you define loyalty. IMO it's a combination of financial and period of time. The club don't benefit financially from those going to away games and the players on the field have no way of differentiating between one fan who has been to every awAy game or just one.

On a financial basis companies or individuals buying 1901 tickets should have more LPs assigned to the ticket than an old codger like me sat in the stands paying a reduced price.

Of course the points we are talking about aren't really 'loyalty' points but rather 'reward' points. It makes little difference to the club who buys tickets, home or away, so long as they are sold.
The issue is more around the fact that knowing a 1901 member allows you to bypass any sort of loyalty based system. There’s no doubt a good number of 1901 members who have a lot of points but never go to aways, meaning they’re eligible to give their ticket for Luton, Ajax, etc. to someone who doesn’t bother for any others. Equally they can hoard points by giving it away for all other games then use points they’ve not earned for the ‘big’ games.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Haven’t gone through this thread in detail but it does appear some are putting a lot of store in the club actually being bothered with who’s deserving and who’s not.
There IS a scheme in place by the club and it means XX% of the most loyal regular away supporters get a ticket, the remaining XX% goes to those supporters that probably have a season ticket and have probably been to a few aways over the years, they cheer the goals and know the players names. I think that’s enough for the club.
I don’t think they really give a shit if you went to the Newcastle replay in 83 or the Zenith Data cup match at Plymouth.

I’m a staunch tier 2er and that’s for a reason, I go when I can (distance irrelevant) however sometimes I have to go to work or something else comes up in my life so I can’t make them all, I missed out on Luton, but as with Bournemouth and Brentford it was fully expected, so I’ll use the money and day off to do a different one, in this case it’ll be both Sheffield United’s (as long as the cup one is on Sat)

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's club discretion, I think.

Which I'd take it as meaning that your personal usage of the ticket indicated you hadn't bought it with the intention of using it for most games.
If you don’t attend 25% of less of home league games think you get written to.

Not sure if that percentage is impacted by for example counting the resale of the exchange as a bum on seat or weekday evening games when you have an under 10.

Juniors rate this season is about 60% attendance to date , or 80% when you add on the successful exchange sales

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can you clarify whether "consecutive seasons" has to include the previous season?
i.e. if you gave up your long-standing season ticket last season, but buy one next, do you start again, or is your previous 8+ years at the Amex retrieved?
Any break in season ticket and you lose those seasons ticket bonus points straight away.

You would lose the loyalty points for away games and home cup games at the usual 50% rate at the end of the season

Haven’t gone through this thread in detail but it does appear some are putting a lot of store in the club actually being bothered with who’s deserving and who’s not.
There IS a scheme in place by the club and it means XX% of the most loyal regular away supporters get a ticket, the remaining XX% goes to those supporters that probably have a season ticket and have probably been to a few aways over the years, they cheer the goals and know the players names. I think that’s enough for the club.
I don’t think they really give a shit if you went to the Newcastle replay in 83 or the Zenith Data cup match at Plymouth.

I’m a staunch tier 2er and that’s for a reason, I go when I can (distance irrelevant) however sometimes I have to go to work or something else comes up in my life so I can’t make them all, I missed out on Luton, but as with Bournemouth and Brentford it was fully expected, so I’ll use the money and day off to do a different one, in this case it’ll be both Sheffield United’s (as long as the cup one is on Sat)
It certainly is quite something to see missing out on Luton as a tragedy akin to missing our first game at the Johan Cruyff Arena :laugh:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This is the unfair anomaly that the club should be seeking to change when the 1901s come up for renewal. Individuals should accumulate loyalty points, not a ticket.
Agree, I don’t see why they can’t enforce it that only one name can use it for away games, but whenever anyone has asked they’ve always shut it down. Plenty pass on a spare 1901 every game, don’t think that’s right when a lot of people who do a lot of games miss out.

Jimmy Grimble

It certainly is quite something to see missing out on Luton as a tragedy akin to missing our first game at the Johan Cruyff Arena :laugh:
But some people in tier 2 did miss out on the game against Ajax for the reasons being debated in this thread! It isn’t just about Luton away.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I mean the problem is, that it is a back door for tier one if you know the right people, it should be taken out in the next round of Ts & Cs. Some of my mates who have done near on every away game this season missed out on Luton, but if they knew the right people they could sneak in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are there any tickets left for sale tomorrow morning for Spuds please?
IMG_6547.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here