[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had there been a narrower Tier 2 band for Luton then there would be less scope for fans to move from 'lower' Tier 2 to 'upper' Tier 2 and make it a little bit more of a closed shop. I am on over 400 points so it doesn't effect me now but a few years back I went up from Tier2/3 borderline to Tier 1 so it was certainly possible, although I seem to remember most of the northern games being 15 points which they don't all seem to be now.

As an aside I like that Luton have a block where you have to sit down. So long as it is advertised ahead I think it is great for people like me with a dodgy hip.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
So my mate who’s in 1901 not going to spurs brought a ticket but had to give my name he did it for West Ham as well

bhafc_smithy

Jul 18, 2023
I was wondering as i am on 215 points, waiting for my 15 stoke points. Assuming that spurs sells out tomorrow to 219+. Will i be able to but resales on the website closer to the game? And is there any chance of this reaching friday? Thanks

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So my mate who’s in 1901 not going to spurs brought a ticket but had to give my name he did it for West Ham as well
Yes, that’s how it works. Still can only buy one ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, that’s how it works. Still can only buy one ticket.
OK understood now, but do they need to be in the correct points bracket to buy the ticket in the first place ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many Sheffield Utd tickets left ? I can’t be bothered to wade through all the moaning that the club hasn’t created a system that pleases absolutely everybody.
I posted a screenshot a few pages back. Quite a lot and, if @Dave the hatosaurus is right, and he generally is when it comes to tickets, there's scope for a further block to be released.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I was wondering as i am on 215 points, waiting for my 15 stoke points. Assuming that spurs sells out tomorrow to 219+. Will i be able to but resales on the website closer to the game? And is there any chance of this reaching friday? Thanks
I'm thinking that you might well be able to as your stoke points will have been added by then and your new total might then qualify (unless the system is super accurate/detailed and it records what tier you were in when the tickets originally went on sale). You might have to try it and report back on here if it worked, as I doubt many have been in this position before to let us all know.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Does the 1901 member still get the loyalty points?
Yes, do think this is a really dodgy loophole that the club are stuck between a rock and a hard place to solve. I get that 1901 tickets are not always used by the same person. But I've had plenty of times where people have snuck in on the back way through this system at places like Brentford. Its because 1901 tickets are used by a company on occasion. I think away tickets should be restricted to a single name every season for 1901, but can see why they don't as they have to please the corporate customers who bring in a lot of money.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, do think this is a really dodgy loophole that the club are stuck between a rock and a hard place to solve. I get that 1901 tickets are not always used by the same person. But I've had plenty of times where people have snuck in on the back way through this system at places like Brentford. Its because 1901 tickets are used by a company on occasion. I think away tickets should be restricted to a single name every season for 1901, but can see why they don't as they have to please the corporate customers who bring in a lot of money.
This is the unfair anomaly that the club should be seeking to change when the 1901s come up for renewal. Individuals should accumulate loyalty points, not a ticket.

I wondered this but for more mundane reasons. My son has a mate who uses a 1901 company ticket so on a couple of occasions my son has asked me to buy him tickets away so we can all sit together etc

But instead of assigning the ticket to the name of his friend, you have to assign it to the company name. I'm baffled how he works out what his personal loyalty points total is? Maybe he doesn't have one, maybe he doesn't even have a personal Albion account in his own name, dunno

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This is the unfair anomaly that the club should be seeking to change when the 1901s come up for renewal. Individuals should accumulate loyalty points, not a ticket.
Don't see the problem myself.

A lot depends on how you define loyalty. IMO it's a combination of financial and period of time. The club don't benefit financially from those going to away games and the players on the field have no way of differentiating between one fan who has been to every awAy game or just one.

On a financial basis companies or individuals buying 1901 tickets should have more LPs assigned to the ticket than an old codger like me sat in the stands paying a reduced price.

Of course the points we are talking about aren't really 'loyalty' points but rather 'reward' points. It makes little difference to the club who buys tickets, home or away, so long as they are sold.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Well the 1901 has worked for me and I’m not apologetic over it, even tho I’m a season ticket holder on just shy of 100 points (but did ask my mate for luton was told to F off 🤣🤣)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports