[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
Can you clarify whether "consecutive seasons" has to include the previous season?
i.e. if you gave up your long-standing season ticket last season, but buy one next, do you start again, or is your previous 8+ years at the Amex retrieved?

So if for example over a season you built up 200 points, this then halves to 100 and if youve had your season ticket for 3 years you get 120 bonus points and start the next season on 220, is that right?

Jimmy Grimble

Looking forward to this rumbling on when we find out our allocation in EL R16 is around the 2k mark!

I’ve made my stance clear that I think the tiering should be more staggered to reward ‘loyalty’. It’s been established many times over that there is no closed shop. If you want to work your way up the tier system, you just have to put the hard yards in at the less favourable away games.

Let’s say we get Lens in R16. The allocation would be approximately 1.9k. Deservedly, the first 1.9k (who register an interest) get first dibs. But after that it really should be staggered more as based on the next 25% system, you could easily end up with hypothetical Person A who only goes to a couple of London away days a season competing with hypothetical Person B who does 10+ aways season. IMO, that’s totally unfair. Person A could go to more games and build up their points because there is no closed shop. Person B has shown more ‘loyalty’ and should be rewarded as such.

I’m aware the lines have to be drawn somewhere, but the current lines seem way too far apart to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree with everything else you've written, but surely on the highlighted bit, "senior club officials" have a complimentary allocation just like players and coaches, and can allocate that to who they please?

Back in the day, if you were lucky enough to be in the right place when the players arrived, there were comps being handed out to randoms right off the bus. Jock the kit man was always good for one and I once got one off Larry May at Birmingham.
Chris Hutchings was our mate!

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
No, because 1 STH point > a zillion Albion+ points.
May have to grab a tin hat here...but I can't help but feel this is a little unfair on MA+ members who do a lot of games. An MA+ mate of a mate is on 318 member points having acquired them from doing most aways that have gone to members for a while now, plus a lot of home games. Yet he (theoretically) is behind someone whose first game of football was the Luton game on the opening day of the season. Appreciate that money from STH's and home matches would come into the clubs thinking.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So if for example over a season you built up 200 points, this then halves to 100 and if youve had your season ticket for 3 years you get 120 bonus points and start the next season on 220, is that right?
200 minus this years points for ST (# depending on how many years) first then divided by 2, plus next years points for ST.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not including the 100 ST points for previous season.

These are subtracted from the total, before halving the points for next season.

e.g.
I have 344 currently 200 STH bonus + 144 accrued Loyalty points

so next season (if I don't go to any more non-ST games):
344 - minus STH bonus
= 144 - divided by 2
= 72 + current STH bonus 200

= 272 at the start of next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are 1901 STHs still allowed to buy one additional away ticket for anyone they want, provided they have the correct ST points to buy ?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Looking forward to this rumbling on when we find out our allocation in EL R16 is around the 2k mark!

I’ve made my stance clear that I think the tiering should be more staggered to reward ‘loyalty’. It’s been established many times over that there is no closed shop. If you want to work your way up the tier system, you just have to put the hard yards in at the less favourable away games.

Let’s say we get Lens in R16. The allocation would be approximately 1.9k. Deservedly, the first 1.9k (who register an interest) get first dibs. But after that it really should be staggered more as based on the next 25% system, you could easily end up with hypothetical Person A who only goes to a couple of London away days a season competing with hypothetical Person B who does 10+ aways season. IMO, that’s totally unfair. Person A could go to more games and build up their points because there is no closed shop. Person B has shown more ‘loyalty’ and should be rewarded as such.

I’m aware the lines have to be drawn somewhere, but the current lines seem way too far apart to me.
Genuinely, out of interest, do you think they are too wide for every game or just games like Luton?
The reason i ask is that to me where we have a 3000 allocation such as Spurs it seems to be working well in as much as every one who wants one in the top two tiers has been able to buy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So if the tiers were narrowed in banding doesn't this effectively make the system more of a closed shop, in that it rewards your Person B more, and no doubt means that your Person B, doesn't have access to the London tickets which until now they have had a chance of getting, thereby creating the problem which the club have been clear they want to avoid, and indeed cracked down on when they became aware of abuse of the system.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Genuinely, out of interest, do you think they are too wide for every game or just games like Luton?
The reason i ask is that to me where we have a 3000 allocation such as Spurs it seems to be working well in as much as every one who wants one in the top two tiers has been able to buy.
T2 could be the smaller of 200% of the number in T1 or 25% of STHs.

So for Luton T2 is open to the top ~2,500 or so compared to the top 5,000 or so, but Spuds would remain the same.

Jimmy Grimble

Hard to say. I think it’s more of an issue with the high demand/lower allocation games - that’s when an arbitrary 25% just doesn’t sit right. As you say, games like Spurs don’t seem to cause an issue, though I suspect someone on 245 or 218 points might disagree! Perhaps it would make sense to reduce the percentage based on the size of the allocation?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are 1901 STHs still allowed to buy one additional away ticket for anyone they want, provided they have the correct ST points to buy ?
No, and I'm not sure they ever could.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
Not including the 100 ST points for previous season.

These are subtracted from the total, before halving the points for next season.

e.g.
I have 344 currently 200 STH bonus + 144 accrued Loyalty points

so next season (if I don't go to any more non-ST games):
344 - minus STH bonus
= 144 - divided by 2
= 72 + current STH bonus 200

= 272 at the start of next season.

Got it thanks (y)

Jimmy Grimble

So if the tiers were narrowed in banding doesn't this effectively make the system more of a closed shop, in that it rewards your Person B more, and no doubt means that your Person B, doesn't have access to the London tickets which until now they have had a chance of getting, thereby creating the problem which the club have been clear they want to avoid, and indeed cracked down on when they became aware of abuse of the system.
No, because as has been pointed out - if you are a STH and you want to get a ticket to virtually any non-London game, you will get one. From there you build up your points. Go to Stoke, go to Sheffield United, go to Villa, go to Burnley etc.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Loyalty is incredibly hard to reward without someone missing out. The model the club has chosen is weighted towards rewarding the most loyal of all and gradually gets increasingly broad and "unfair" as it goes down the chain. At the moment someone on 200 points could have been a STH for 3 or 4 years and gone to half a dozen 5-10 point away games a season and still miss out at "All STH level" to someone who has only started going to games this season. Without adding a load more tiers I don't think there's a way to resolve this.

Bit of a shrinkage in Spurs tix - down to just over 180 now. Will there be groans from the higher Tier 3s about those undeserving bastards in lower Tier 3

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Loyalty is incredibly hard to reward without someone missing out. The model the club has chosen is weighted towards rewarding the most loyal of all and gradually gets increasingly broad and "unfair" as it goes down the chain. At the moment someone on 200 points could have been a STH for 3 or 4 years and gone to half a dozen 5-10 point away games a season and still miss out at "All STH level" to someone who has only started going to games this season. Without adding a load more tiers I don't think there's a way to resolve this.
It's this that stops it being a closed shop but for all of the smallest allocations. Given that there will never be a perfect system I think ours strikes the balance between reward for loyalty and opportunity pretty well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports