Aug 8, 2005
Brief response. STH tiers are set thus:

Tier 1: The allocation
Tier 2: 25% of STHs
Tier 3: 50% of STHs
Tier 4: All STHs

cc: @Giraffe
Thank you for checking.

My initial reaction was a cheeky like but actually how long have they been doing this like this? Because pretty sure it hasn’t always been the case.

And secondly one size fits all? Surely a smaller allocation like this should mean a smaller tier level?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No doubt waiting for the heavily discounted cup tickets instead.
Yep.

But more because you can do it by train that weekend but coach or car are the only options for the league game. I don’t drive and hate coaches.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you for checking.

My initial reaction was a cheeky like but actually how long have they been doing this like this? Because pretty sure it hasn’t always been the case.

And secondly one size fits all? Surely a smaller allocation like this should mean a smaller tier level?
It was only a brief response as the person I contacted was not at work today, but I suspect it's been like this for a long time.

As tickets are not often sold at the same time as we have for these three fixtures, we've probably never noticed, but it quite obviously explains why tier 2 has the same points requirement despite the different allocations/tier 1 thresholds.

There was an acceptance that Luton is an outlier, although broadly similar to Bournemouth, I guess, although most will have been to Bournemouth before, or certainly had the chance to do so.

Interested how many fans you'd put in Luton tier 2 to make it "fairer". I would guess that c150 tickets will make it to tier 2, so even if you made tier 2 the same size as tier 1, those fans would only have a 1-in-7 chance of a ticket.

Jimmy Grimble

It was only a brief response as the person I contacted was not at work today, but I suspect it's been like this for a long time.

As tickets are not often sold at the same time as we have for these three fixtures, we've probably never noticed, but it quite obviously explains why tier 2 has the same points requirement despite the different allocations/tier 1 thresholds.

There was an acceptance that Luton is an outlier, although broadly similar to Bournemouth, I guess, although most will have been to Bournemouth before, or certainly had the chance to do so.

Interested how many fans you'd put in Luton tier 2 to make it "fairer". I would guess that c150 tickets will make it to tier 2, so even if you made tier 2 the same size as tier 1, those fans would only have a 1-in-7 chance of a ticket.
If possible, I’d probably stagger it so it’s available to the next 200 or so highest points holders for a few hours and repeat that pattern until they’re sold.

This isn’t me suggesting the best option for myself btw. In fact, it would probably guarantee I wouldn’t get a ticket.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

There is no perfect solution when there is a small allocation like this. But even if you half the tier it makes it fairer. As I say I have no skin the game as I’m still comfortably tier 1 but I don’t like when they mess up. Maybe I’m trying to be too perfect but selling all 3 games on the same day is odd, and then the tier setting for Luton is even odder. Just feels like they’ve either over thought it or under thought it! Or possibly not thought about it all.

Unless told otherwise I see no reason why they can’t have tiers for every 200 fans for a low allocation like this (after the top tier). Presumably there is a level of hassle with this but it can’t be great. As you say there will probably only be 150-200 left for next tier anyway so still only 2 or 3 tiers anyway if you narrowed the tiers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are we all logged in ready to queue ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
342 left. Interesting to note that there is a block for "unreserved seating" with 251 seats still left. All other blocks mostly sold out. Suggests despite what most people say they like to sit in their allocated seat!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Also interesting to note that all blocks have gone on sale at once for all games. I think we might struggle to shift the Sheff Utd ones actually given the draw last night. Is the Cup slightly more appealing with a larger away following potentially?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also interesting to note that all blocks have gone on sale at once for all games. I think we might struggle to shift the Sheff Utd ones actually given the draw last night. Is the Cup slightly more appealing with a larger away following potentially?
More likely Sheff Utd know they have no chance of selling them to home fans so are happy for the club to take whatever we sell ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here