Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Jimmy Grimble

Whatever the thresholds are, whichever sizes, some will always be 'one point out' or similar.
Yes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it more fair, does it? Or do you seriously think the tier 2 bracket for Luton couldn’t be made more fair for those who have been more ‘loyal’?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it more fair, does it? Or do you seriously think the tier 2 bracket for Luton couldn’t be made more fair for those who have been more ‘loyal’?
I think Luton is an extreme, like 'Muff.

There is no perfect answer, and whilst I can say 'I'm alright Jack' in this instance I think I'd prefer the wide ranging bun fight and take my chance on day two, not fully knowing where I'd draw the lines.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely. Leaving so many to scramble for (probably) very few tickets is a bit odd. Should really be additional tiers for games that are nailed on sell-outs anyway.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Definitely. Leaving so many to scramble for (probably) very few tickets is a bit odd. Should really be additional tiers for games that are nailed on sell-outs anyway.
I agree to a point but in the case of Luton I'd estimate that day 2 will have a very small of available tickets anyway, so any 'satisfactory' additional tier would need to be pretty narrow to prevent mass disappointment

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree to a point but in the case of Luton I'd estimate that day 2 will have a very small of available tickets anyway, so any 'satisfactory' additional tier would need to be pretty narrow to prevent mass disappointment
I guess that’s the thinking……..so few it’s not worth bothering. Maybe 100 or so ? :shrug:

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Wait till the Europa games later in the competition.. This is going to get even more Wild... Potential for Luton size allocations still.. Think people under estimate how lucky we were to get Marseille, Ajax and Athens in the group stage. - all relatively large allocations.

Sparta Prague, Slavia Prague, Villareal, Atalanta, all got potential sub 1600 allocations....

Jimmy Grimble

I guess that’s the thinking……..so few it’s not worth bothering. Maybe 100 or so ? :shrug:
But it should still be done. It’s ridiculous that someone on 247 points could get a ticket in front of someone on 380. That’s a huge difference in ‘loyalty’.

Jimmy Grimble

Wait till the Europa games later in the competition.. This is going to get even more Wild... Potential for Luton size allocations still.. Think people under estimate how lucky we were to get Marseille, Ajax and Athens in the group stage. - all relatively large allocations.

Sparta Prague, Slavia Prague, Villareal, Atalanta, all got potential sub 1600 allocations....
Which is why the club need to amend the system.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Which is why the club need to amend the system.
Why do they? - Club will argue they give more people a chance to get a ticket if it's kept as it is. - I think i its 6 of one and half a dozen the rest. Unfortunately, there has to be a line somewhere. some lucky people fall in and some fall out, Doesn't matter which way they go, someone will fell unjust and don't think its fair....

I feel the current system is potentially the fairest of routes to appease the masses but protect a top tier.... If you put higher bands in and more levels, people will say its a closed shop and you can never get in the top bands. if you open it up, people says it's not fair for the people at very top fo the 2nd tier who missed out? can't really win either way IMO

Jimmy Grimble

Why do they? - Club will argue they give more people a chance to get a ticket if it's kept as it is. - I think i its 6 of one and half a dozen the rest. Unfortunately, there has to be a line somewhere. some lucky people fall in and some fall out, Doesn't matter which way they go, someone will fell unjust and don't think its fair....

I feel the current system is potentially the fairest of routes to appease the masses but protect a top tier.... If you put higher bands in and more levels, people will say its a closed shop and you can never get in the top bands. if you open it up, people says it's not fair for the people at very top fo the 2nd tier who missed out? can't really win either way IMO
So I ask the question - do you think the tiering for Luton tickets is the fairest it can be?

Obviously there has to be a line somewhere, but the line should not be separated by 130 points. That’s outrageous!

It’s also been established by many on here this season that there is no closed shop - I think @Guinness Boy will testify to that. It’s a null argument. Introducing a few more staggered tiers for the very few high demand/low allocation games like this won’t affect that, especially as they’ll only ever be 5 point games.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
So I ask the question - do you think the tiering for Luton tickets is the fairest it can be?

Obviously there has to be a line somewhere, but the line should not be separated by 130 points. That’s outrageous!

It’s also been established by many on here this season that there is no closed shop - I think @Guinness Boy will testify to that. It’s a null argument. Introducing a few more staggered tiers for the very few high demand/low allocation games like this won’t affect that, especially as they’ll only ever be 5 point games.
Yes I do believe it is the fairest it can be. The scheme has been like this for a long time and i think it is potentially as fair as it can be. I don't know any better way of doing it. If you put more tiers in, you limit more people further down the list from ever getting anywhere. - I don't know the full structure of the scheme and how the top tiers are created, however compared to alot of other schemes (Arsenal, liverpool, West ham) - ours is more than fair... it rewards people who go every game and also give's people a chance who want to, to slice their way through the pack to get in the top tier if they make the effort...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Yes I do believe it is the fairest it can be. The scheme has been like this for a long time and i think it is potentially as fair as it can be. I don't know any better way of doing it. If you put more tiers in, you limit more people further down the list from ever getting anywhere. - I don't know the full structure of the scheme and how the top tiers are created, however compared to alot of other schemes (Arsenal, liverpool, West ham) - ours is more than fair... it rewards people who go every game and also give's people a chance who want to, to slice their way through the pack to get in the top tier if they make the effort...
Following your reasoning, why have any STH tiers below Tier 1? Someone with 246 points is only marginally more loyal than a STH who never goes away, so why such a significant advantage of an extra day (accepting it's irrelevant for Luton)?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Following your reasoning, why have any STH tiers below Tier 1? Someone with 246 points is only marginally more loyal than a STH who never goes away, so why such a significant advantage of an extra day (accepting it's irrelevant for Luton)?

Depending on how long you've had your season ticket also impacts how many loyalty points you get? a 9yr season ticket holder gets more points than a 5 yr season ticket holder who gets more points than a 1 yr season ticket holder. I don't understand the relevance?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Depending on how long you've had your season ticket also impacts how many loyalty points you get? a 9yr season ticket holder gets more points than a 5 yr season ticket holder who gets more points than a 1 yr season ticket holder. I don't understand the relevance?
But why have any STH tiers below the top if the system is to open it up to the masses??

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Exactly this. As @Is it PotG? pointed out a lot earlier on the thread.

Our allocation will go to the highest 1000 or so points holders for Luton because T1 = allocation as pointed out by @Bozza

So if you're going to add on Stoke points then 4000 people just got 15 extra points. You can't JUST add your own points on and say 'I would have made it'.
This isn't the point I was making though, I'm not a complete idiot. Although it's got to be a fact that whenever you gain points you go up the ladder, as there will always be some people above you they didn't go that one. So if you were really close to 381 you never know!

The point was purely that when they choose to allocate points and set the sale dates will have an impact. I.e. if it's always 7 days, then technically the West Ham points shouldn't be on everyone's account. So those of us within 5 of 381 who didn't go to West Ham can make a pretty strong assumption we'd have been within the top tier.

As I've said I'm not massively complaining, they have to put the tickets on sale at some point and go with the points situation at that moment. Just objecting to people shutting down any discussion about when points are allocated/games go on sale as being irrelevant when it clearly can be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here