• Coventry

Votes: 131 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
My Son in Law is a Luton STH.

So, Coventry all the way for me😂😂😂😂

Only kidding, I was given the chance to go today, but Wembley is such an arse ache I’ll watch on the telly.Luton’s back story is almost as compelling as ours, I think the FA shafted them, more than they shafted us.
They really did

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Basically Luton is a :poop: hole.
Coventry all the way for me.

Coventry is no world heritage site.

Be nice to see Gyokeres do well, but also nice to see Luton make it from the national to the premier league.

But if they're promoted, Luton will have to get rid of the astroturf

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Luton’s backstory is actually worse than Covs. John Gurney was a piece of work, he really was. And caused their dramatic fall out of the league. But it is an absolute dump of a place 😃
Agreed, the Luton story is amazing also. Two teams in this final that have comeback from the brink that can inspire every side in the Football League

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Kenilworth Road in the PL would be hilarious, they might even get some surprise results there against the ‘big six’.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
You would think Luton would be better off if they come up with the new stadium built. It would have been like us getting promoted to the Premier league while still at Withdean. You’d take it but it may turn out to be a poisoned chalice. Do you invest in players, go back down and sink under the debt of it all? Of the two Coventry have probably got the best chance of staying up but you never know. I like Mark Robins.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I always want the least Premier League ready team promoted, so it’s potentially a relegation spot for the next season sorted.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’d love to see both back in the top division. Truly am exciting game today. Going with Cov just because of friends but really it’s a brilliant game for the romantics!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You would think Luton would be better off if they come up with the new stadium built. It would have been like us getting promoted to the Premier league while still at Withdean. You’d take it but it may turn out to be a poisoned chalice. Do you invest in players, go back down and sink under the debt of it all? Of the two Coventry have probably got the best chance of staying up but you never know. I like Mark Robins.
My son in law told me that the hierarchy at the club have already said if they go up, they are going to keep the money from the PL for the new stadium.
They won’t be spending a great deal, and vast majority of the fans are onboard with that , at the moment.
Of course, that may change if they are being slaughtered every game.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
My son in law told me that the hierarchy at the club have already said if they go up, they are going to keep the money from the PL for the new stadium.
They won’t be spending a great deal, and vast majority of the fans are onboard with that , at the moment.
Of course, that may change if they are being slaughtered every game.
I can understand that, can’t you? Far more sensible to keep the money for the future even if you break Derbys record in the process. They have been bust before and I’m sure they don’t want to go through that again. Good to hear.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
£170m next year or about £20m? And then parachute payments for two years?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are both a bit unlovable.

Sunderland or Middlesbrough would have been a bit meh as well.

Millwall might have been fun as a wild card.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Coventry for me, feel they deserve another shot more after their issues over the last 10 years or so, plus fond memories from uni and have some Cov supporting mates from those days

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should be for Luton - they finished well ahead in the league. But, for no good reason I find myself rooting for Coventry, probably because of Gyokeres - he was one of our loanees out there making his way not so long ago.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Nobody's mentioned that the Ricoh would be a new ground to visit. Presumably a much bigger allocation too.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Dislike for Luton has now gone, liked Highfield road and Luton's a real ground. Happy to see either bowl up at the Amex.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Coventry is no world heritage site.

Be nice to see Gyokeres do well, but also nice to see Luton make it from the national to the premier league.

But if they're promoted, Luton will have to get rid of the astroturf
If they're promoted, Luton will have to get rid of Kenilworth Road.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Coming down on the side of Coventry. An ex-shipmate of mine was from there, Chuck Berry on HMS Bulwark. Legendary drinker. He went home one weekend and his parents had moved and hadn’t told him where to! We treated him sympathetically. I didn’t stop laughing all day after he told me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here