Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

luton fans attack kiddy fans

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Was anyone else there that famous day around 69 or 70 I think when thousands of us "took" the Oak Road by breaking in before the gates opened around mid-day. Later we were all gradually forced out by a cordon of cops and ended up in the adjacent stand. We drew 1-1 I remember.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Since when?..... they have always been a family oriented club, no history of footy aggro, other than in their derby vs Watford,....

We had a moment in the Feathers by the station once, but other than that nothing.

This incident just sounds like locals rather than footy specific aggro.

Do you really believe that? How about their constant run-ins with Oxford? Or the trouble at a lot of their matches in the Conference? They are a club with a lot of bullies as fans. Will cause trouble against small clubs, but shit themselves when it comes to the likes of us or bigger clubs. Maybe that is why you have such a false impression of them?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you really believe that? How about their constant run-ins with Oxford? Or the trouble at a lot of their matches in the Conference? They are a club with a lot of bullies as fans. Will cause trouble against small clubs, but shit themselves when it comes to the likes of us or bigger clubs. Maybe that is why you have such a false impression of them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21998644

This report suggests that it wasn't Luton fans that were the cause of the problem, but a bunch of local chavs.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sounds like Kidderminster fans thought were safe on a bus and were giving it all the bollocks.

Sounds like it, they probably just chose the wrong people.

No kids involved either, which means the OP should probably get a job with The Sun if they like writing sensationalist crap.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21998644

This report suggests that it wasn't Luton fans that were the cause of the problem, but a bunch of local chavs.

Quite possibly. But, it is hard to separate locals from the team. Do you remember the locals that used to turn-up outside Withdean and hang around on the hill next to the end of the South Stand waiting for trouble after big matches? In the old days when it was not much money to get into grounds, they would go in. Now it is too expensive for lots of them, even at Conference level prices I am sure. Let's be honest, it was not the most attractive fixture to spend money going in to watch. When it kicks on in Brighton town centre does everyone also go to the match?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hope your fishing. Otherwise you have no sight and no hearing. The best thing for everyone is if the disappeared altogether.
Not fishing at all,.. just never had any issues going there, it wasn't a team we feared. As I said we did have a right to-do in the Feathers pub by Luton Station before a 5-0/5-1 drubbing in 82/83 I think it was, but other than that nothing stands out for me with Luton at all.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Spot on I think,... probably why I don't recall anything of note, other than their Watford ding dongs.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The stabbings were carried out by four Asian men , so it will no doubt now become an excercise in heaping all the blame on the Kidderminster fans .

You think so? Before the facts are known?

That would appear to be quite some chip that you've got on your shoulder. We don't yet know if Kiddy fans or locals were responsible for this escalating.

How do you know it was Asian men? (Link?)

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
You think so? Before the facts are known?

That would appear to be quite some chip that you've got on your shoulder. We don't yet know if Kiddy fans or locals were responsible for this escalating.

How do you know it was Asian men? (Link?)

"Kidderminster fan Adam Piper, who was on the coach, said the man who was stabbed was from Kidderminster but was a Luton Town fan. He said the coach had come under attack from four Asian men, and that a window had been smashed with a hammer"
Arrests over stabbing after Luton Town game - Local - Luton Today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

D

Deleted member 22389

Its why I hope one day my wife can get a job back down here. Fing hate Luton.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There's quite a few clubs in the Conference that have tidy firms - Luton, Nuneaton, Grimsby, Newport County, Lincoln, Wrexham etc.

Really hope Luton rot in non-league for a few more seasons. The town is the biggest sh*thole in the south of England.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh, they've got some utter scumbags. When York played them in the Conference play-offs a couple of years ago, they trapped the York players who barely escaped to the changing rooms.

Luton fans founded the EDL.

The whole town is a dump, and the club is followed by a lot of low life. Not that I like making generalisations...

Not a family club at all.

Totally this.

After Livepool thrashed them in the FAC in 2008, as the players were warming down, some Luton fans threw beer over and showered insults at LFC players.

Last year, trouble against York fans.

2010 versus Newport fans.

Horrible town, with many scumbag fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here