[Albion] Luton away - 31st July - tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just checking in for any news and now aware that it's on youtube.

...and Dan Burn does THAT.

Get it out of your system big man.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really enjoyed that 1st half. Nice to see the Computer again and March looking very good. Lots of changes to come I’d expect which will pretty much kill the entertainment sadly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It is a worry not having Webster and Dunk around isn't it?
It's also very obvious we will miss White's ability to beat the press this season, we played very, very deep at times.
Still, some real positives in that first half, and love the general formation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
BDB giving something to the miserablists. You say "sell him" or "another Dan Burn moment" but you'd feel empty and depressed without someone like him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BDB the only player keeping it real.

Gotta respect that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Missing

Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Welbeck
Scherpen
Walton
Caicedo
Trossard
Van Hecke
Roberts
Khadra
That 'missing' list looks a bit worrying - practically a whole team there, and many of them first team. In fact, replace one of the GKs with an outfield player, and that wouldn't be a bad team!

Are Dunk and Webster injured? I didn't think we'd be seeing Duffy again - and I'm a bit surrised to see Connolly too, tbh. Mwepu looks alright so far. Huge changes for the second half?

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
BDB giving something to the miserablists. You say "sell him" or "another Dan Burn moment" but you'd feel empty and depressed without someone like him.

My "another Dan Burn moment" was more tongue in cheek. FFIW, I thought he played well last season (the City and Liverpool games were a classic obviously) and will still be a useful squad player when better players come in. There's plenty of other players that should be sold way before Burn is sold.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Looked like a sliced cross field pass but we'll get punished every time with those in the PL and when a single goal is very much the difference between 3 points and 0 points, mistakes like that will mean we'll struggle.

I'm a fan of BDB as a back up squad player, but stuff like this shows why he should not be a regular in the squad imo. Better than Bernardo and Montoya but not reliable enough to be a regular.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
That 'missing' list looks a bit worrying - practically a whole team there, and many of them first team. In fact, replace one of the GKs with an outfield player, and that wouldn't be a bad team!

Are Dunk and Webster injured? I didn't think we'd be seeing Duffy again - and I'm a bit surrised to see Connolly too, tbh. Mwepu looks alright so far. Huge changes for the second half?

Not worrying at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I read Dunk had a minor op on his toe ?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
My "another Dan Burn moment" was more tongue in cheek. FFIW, I thought he played well last season (the Liverpool game is a classic obviously) and will still be a useful squad player when better players come in. There's plenty of other players that should be sold way before Burn is sold.

Can’t fault him for effort but really makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nice to see March back playing.

And Duffy. I know he's probably not got a future with us but it still warms my heart to see him in an Albion shirt. I hope he scores a 30 yard header.

Also nice to see a midfielder score. And Connolly!

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

Has been indicated that Dunk, Webster, Lamptey and Welbeck are carrying minor injuries which obviously isn't ideal. I'm mostly worried by Trossard's absence as Sanchez and Veltman have returned from the euros to be involved today. Surely he's not on his way out is he?! Did hear rumours early on.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
...I'm mostly worried by Trossard's absence as Sanchez and Veltman have returned from the euros to be involved today. Surely he's not on his way out is he?! Did hear rumours early on.
Does seem odd doesn't it?
No word of a knock...
Maybe he asked for a slightly longer break given lockdown etc. It wouldn't be that much of a surprise if a decent team came in with a 20-30 million pound offer TBH.
Re: Dunk, he had minor surgery on his toe didn't he?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not worrying at all.

OK, you don't have to worry if you don't want to. With only one more game before the real stuff starts, I'd like to have seem something looking more like a first choice starting XI for the first half. Will be interesting to see how we shuffle the defence now that White's gone - I hope Duffy's not the answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports