Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Luther

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Obviously mended from his illness, Idris Elba has revealed that a Luther movie might be close. “I’ve made it very clear that I’d like to see Luther come back as a film. And I can tell you this, that we are this close to making a film of Luther.”

Watch this space.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
The missus is a big fan (I quite like it too) and we've got the box set of all the series BUT haven't watched them all. Do you think (maybe based on the trailer, unless you have already watched the film) that watching all the episodes is a prerequisite for the film, or does it stand on its own (albeit clearly he gets jailed at some point, obvs - probably the final episode of season four)?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The missus is a big fan (I quite like it too) and we've got the box set of all the series BUT haven't watched them all. Do you think (maybe based on the trailer, unless you have already watched the film) that watching all the episodes is a prerequisite for the film, or does it stand on its own (albeit clearly he gets jailed at some point, obvs - probably the final episode of season four)?
We watched them a while ago, but I certainly don't remember him going to jail. I could be wrong, of course!

I'm only guessing, but I think the film might be more standalone – purely because it's a Netflix production now, not on the BBC. So if you haven't watched all the episodes, you'll probably be OK for the film, but also might miss some of the subletlies of the film. The in-laws did that with Happy Valley – started from Season 2 (not sure why) and they still enjoyed it and understood it all.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Went off the series when that bird who looks like Marge Simpson kept popping up like a Dr.Who villain. She was awful. And seemed to dominate the last couple of series’.

For a man whose job it was to interview suspected criminals for psychological evaluation, he sure spent a lot of time not in an interview room.

I’ll watch the film though. Then I’ll come here and moan about it 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here