Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunch in Hove on Friday. Any suggestions?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cliftonville 2 dinners for £6.79. Can't BEAT it

Shirley DINNER isn't as GOOD as the FULL English with extra SAUSAGE, Enrest...?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Another vote for Hove Place.

One from leftfield....... The Tin Drum in Second Avenue re-opens its doors on Friday.
No doubt there will be a new beer selection and menu to try out so you can be our guinea pig.
In time I believe it'll sell mainly craft beers and have a chicken menu.
No doubt @mendoza will frequent it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It used to be the case that there would be lots of votes for Los Amigos. I do hope they can revive the place, it really needs a refresh in terms of menu and decor.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Tin Drum on second but only if new owners appreciably improve the food - it has been of shocking quality at times (can think of 2 meals I've had that were so poorly cooked the manager took them back even before I'd raised it) and for what served it has been over priced for ages - which a shame as should be one of the better places in Hove. Fingers crossed new owners (who do definitely run a good bar) will up the quality instantly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Tin Drum on second but only if new owners appreciably improve the food - it has been of shocking quality at times (can think of 2 meals I've had that were so poorly cooked the manager took them back even before I'd raised it) and for what served it has been over priced for ages - which a shame as should be one of the better places in Hove. Fingers crossed new owners (who do definitely run a good bar) will up the quality instantly.

Used to be so good didnt it? Who are the new owners?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Running would take 10

No it wouldn't. A slow walk will easily get you from Hove Kitchen to the ground in 10 mins (probably less). The food is indeed good there too.
The food at The Freemasons is excellent these days - the ribs are particularly good there. If down that way, it would be rude not to pop into the Wick in the way past for a pint of Punk IPA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Connaught on Hove St is a nice place for beer and food. Bit of a walk but worth it.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Used to be so good didnt it? Who are the new owners?

Golden Lion Group.
It'll be a pretty basic menu for the first week or two until everyone settles in, then the good stuff starts.
The previous manager has departed and Kausar who manages The Cricketers in the Lanes will oversee things so expect a big increase in standards of service.

It should be good.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Rude? Utterly stupid if you ask me.

Not a fan of The Wick then?!

It's a wallet-stinging £5.40 for a pint of Punk in there, I'll grant you that, but it's a LOVELY pint. Mind you, they had the 5am Saint on instead the other day - still delicious, still pricey. Give me 2 pints of that instead of 3 crap beers any day!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Golden Lion Group.
It'll be a pretty basic menu for the first week or two until everyone settles in, then the good stuff starts.
The previous manager has departed and Kausar who manages The Cricketers in the Lanes will oversee things so expect a big increase in standards of service.

It should be good.
Ah. Itll be bloody expensive then. They own Hove place too. The Tin Drum always used to be great value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan of The Wick then?!

It's a wallet-stinging £5.40 for a pint of Punk in there, I'll grant you that, but it's a LOVELY pint. Mind you, they had the 5am Saint on instead the other day - still delicious, still pricey. Give me 2 pints of that instead of 3 crap beers any day!

No. I meant it would be utterly stupid to walk past and NOT pop in. I love Brewdog.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:thumbsup:

Have you seen that you can buy shares?

http://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks-buy-shares

Further justification (if any was required) for buying more pints!

Indeed. In fact I bought shares during the Equity Punk II sale and this share issue values them now at 4 times what I paid some 18 months to 2 years ago. I also get 20% off their online store for life and 5% in their bars. The 20% discount is very useful. It's a brewery which is going places; invest if you can.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Indeed. In fact I bought shares during the Equity Punk II sale and this share issue values them now at 4 times what I paid some 18 months to 2 years ago. I also get 20% off their online store for life and 5% in their bars. The 20% discount is very useful. It's a brewery which is going places; invest if you can.

I'm already the proud owner of 5 shiny new B ordinary shares :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here