Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke McCormick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As soon as I saw this thread title, I was expecting "Could do a job?"...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Presume everyone who goes to prison should be banned from undertaking their regular job when released then?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So anyone who commits any crime should never be able to work again? They have been to prison and served the time the judge thought was acceptable for the crime. The fact the judge didn't give him longer is the issue, not what they decide to do when they are released.

I am sure he will never forget what he did, and he will be remineded at every game he plays no doubt, but why should he be banned from football when that has nothing to do with his crime.

I may be in the minority here, but I would rather he be doing something that will be of benefit to society than sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle and claiming Job Seekers.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I knew other people would say done his time etc, and yes it's up to the judge etc to determine how long a sentence he gets, just think its disgusting he is out after such a short time for killing 2 young boys and fleeing the scene

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I knew other people would say done his time etc, and yes it's up to the judge etc to determine how long a sentence he gets, just think its disgusting he is out after such a short time for killing 2 young boys and fleeing the scene

You were complaining about him playing football though. The sentence should be longer for such a crime in most peoples view I'm sure.

Being a footballer is just like any other job .... do you think once you been to prison you should never work again?

No it isn't, being a Footballer is a highly paid job that carries with it responsibilities, the hopes and dreams of the fans who pay good money to watch these footballers ply their trade with children in tow who not only look up to these people they "hero worship" them, apart from sport I can think of no other profession where the "customers" will gladly walk around wearing the uniform of the organisation they chose to spend their money at even having the name of a preferred employee on the back.

The man decided he was above the law and killed 4 people in the process, any club hiring him should hang their head in shame.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

With all respect, it isn't his fault the criminal justice system is awful.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
To be honest, the bloke has done his time. He has the right to work just like anyone else. Would i want him here? No. Not because i don't think he is good enough but because He hasn't played pro football in years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No but as was stated above, football carries a certain expectation, would people except if maroon king joined us? Or lee Hughes?

People accepted Jara Reyes (and various others over the last few years) who had been convicted of drink driving. The fact that none of them hit or killed anyone is probably no more than good luck.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
the national will have a field day with this but he has done his time there is no reason he shouldnt be allowed to try and make it again.......would be a premeirship keeper if he hadnt had been so bloody stupid that night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here