Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke McCormick Club Captain at Plymouth Argyle!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
He's served a sentence that a court of law has passed down, and no doubt in his head the sentence will never end. Nothing can bring those kids back, but having served his time, why shouldn't he rebuild his career as far as he can? The club will no doubt have thought long and hard, and if they had any sense would have discussed this with the supporters association?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
my issue is that he should be in prison for life and not given the chance to have a life after taking two childrens.

What an ignorant opinion. Based on your views, prisons would dominate the UK. He made a mistake and served his time. As others said, Plymouth making him captain may not be the best decision but that's not his fault. If you genuinely believe your post, then maybe you should live in the US where they execute teenagers (before they can legally drink) and lock people up for life for stealing three pizzas.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not fake in this household, the story has angered me.

I'm glad that you are able to forgive and forget, you are obviously a very level headed and sensible person. I'm pleased for you.

I'm not absolving McCormick but what are you saying? Should he have been sentenced to life in prison and never released? If so, you're classing him the same as mass murderers. If not, what should he do once he gets out. Obviously it's awful for the family but if he was in any other line of business and promoted to manager, no comment would be made. Actually, what is wrong here is newspapers reporting it and bringing back the grief to the family. It's not ideal that Plymouth made him captain but why are national newspapers reporting it? They obviously don't report when other people convicted for that crime are promoted at work or when other League 2 captains are named, so why report this?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The issue I have is the captaincy part,players look up to the captain,they respect the captain,the captain leads by example,this is the wrong man for the role.

So you are saying that role models have to be perfect? Surely, as said elsewhere on this thread, he can still be a role model if he's learnt from his mistake (however big it was).

Mar 2, 2014
The issue I have is the captaincy part,players look up to the captain,they respect the captain,the captain leads by example,this is the wrong man for the role.

Why is that the issue? Surely you could spin it that he's a man who made a tragic error of judgement, who has served his sentence for his crimes and is now rebuilding his career. Is that not a good example to set?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here