Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Łukasz Fabiański

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
PIG (or his agent) had already stated in the media that he was courting other clubs and wanted to play in the premier again. If he wants to go (like Barnes and Bridcutt) there is little the club can do.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes, that's what I mean (sorry), given how happy his family apparently was, he might have been prepared to stay for less or similar. Just give the man the option.

Just another seemingly clueless decision taken by the people responsible for the playing staff during 2013/14 for me.

Ha clueless.
He said he wanted to leave to join a Prem club so we didn't offer a contract.
:wanker:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ha clueless.
He said he wanted to leave to join a Prem club so we didn't offer a contract.
:wanker:

Oh dear. Is a discussion with a fellow supporter really worth that :wanker: sign?

Time to grow up or get ready for school tomorrow......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Blaming the club for something you know absolutely nothing about = a disapproving sign.

Absolute rubbish. If you bothered to read the posts, I stated that it was based on media releases where it was highlighted that Caldy and Bruno were being offered new contracts and others were being released.

Orlandi, apparently had an option for a further year, but the club (sadly) did not take up the option.

With Kuszczak, there was no mention of anything being offered. As per my previous post we can only go on what the club tells us. If you are stating they did offer him a deal, then how do you know? This is about consistency of approach of the club.

Why not appease the fans and say we have offered Kuszczak a deal (even if it is on lesser terms)? You can argue the Premier League card, but that was his agent, and yes I'm sure he wants to play in the premier league, why wouldn't he?

But my point is, given we can only go on what the club tells us, apparently he hasn't been offered a deal, which to me is surprising.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Absolute rubbish. If you bothered to read the posts, I stated that it was based on media releases where it was highlighted that Caldy and Bruno were being offered new contracts and others were being released.

Orlandi, apparently had an option for a further year, but the club (sadly) did not take up the option.

With Kuszczak, there was no mention of anything being offered. As per my previous post we can only go on what the club tells us. If you are stating they did offer him a deal, then how do you know? This is about consistency of approach of the club.

Why not appease the fans and say we have offered Kuszczak a deal (even if it is on lesser terms)? You can argue the Premier League card, but that was his agent, and yes I'm sure he wants to play in the premier league, why wouldn't he?

But my point is, given we can only go on what the club tells us, apparently he hasn't been offered a deal, which to me is surprising.

Not what I said. He stated in the media (and to the club) that he wanted PL football next year and we couldn't offer him that so we released him. The same would have happened with Ashley if he hadn't gone in January. If a player has no interest in signing, there's no point in offering a deal.

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
I know a few Arsenal fans who all think he is going to Schalke.

Personally think he'd be an amazing signing, although his wages are the issue

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wasn't him leaving more a case of his wanting to leave rather than The Albion not being able to afford him?

In programme notes somewhere, I seem to remember, he said he was looking forward to the conversations, but it also seemed clear his agent or whatever was talking to other people. Perhaps he was deemed to be less than committed, or his demands were going to be too great.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not what I said. He stated in the media (and to the club) that he wanted PL football next year and we couldn't offer him that so we released him. The same would have happened with Ashley if he hadn't gone in January. If a player has no interest in signing, there's no point in offering a deal.

He also said he was happy at Brighton and his family were settled. I think we should have offered him something, at least another year on the same terms, release Brez (which we've done), move up Walton (which hopefully we'll do). If Kuszczak said 'no thank you', fair enough, nothing lost.

I think in another post you mentioned Federici, which isn't a bad call. I quite like Gilks, as I think once Ashley went and Crofts got injured, we lacked leaders.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He also said he was happy at Brighton and his family were settled. I think we should have offered him something, at least another year on the same terms, release Brez (which we've done), move up Walton (which hopefully we'll do). If Kuszczak said 'no thank you', fair enough, nothing lost.

I think in another post you mentioned Federici, which isn't a bad call. I quite like Gilks, as I think once Ashley went and Crofts got injured, we lacked leaders.

I did. Just thinking that with Reading in a financial mess, we could plunder them for Fedirici. Mcleary would be a nice steal too but something tells me he'll have a number of suitors.
Don't know a lot about Matt Gilks. Can't imagine he wants to stay at Blackpool though. Is he a leader?>

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I did. Just thinking that with Reading in a financial mess, we could plunder them for Fedirici. Mcleary would be a nice steal too but something tells me he'll have a number of suitors.
Don't know a lot about Matt Gilks. Can't imagine he wants to stay at Blackpool though. Is he a leader?>

Apparently, prior to the Brighton game he and one other (forget who), held a team meeting and told them all to pull their finger out. Ferguson alluded to it and it was confirmed by another player, so he may have something about him.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove

The reports on the official site said that discussions about contracts had been ongoing for weeks before the end of the season and that there have been regular reviews with Oscar on the subject, the club would obviously have been aware that PIG wouldn't have accepted the offer so avoided being publicly rebuffed.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'm disappointed he's leaving Arsenal, he's better than Szescszny in every aspect apart from commanding his area at set pieces. His shot stopping and distribution is brilliant. However He'll play in the Champions league next season, and if not can see him at Southampton or someone who are in desperate need of a proper number one. Much better than Boruc. I'd love if he ended up at Brighton but he's far too good for Championship football. Had Brighton been promoted, he may well have been number one on the list for the summer.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we were going to go for Federici, last summer or even January after the FA Cup match (when he played) would have been the time. Reckon Alex McCarthy will go this summer, and the Aussie could well be back in the team at Reading.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The reports on the official site said that discussions about contracts had been ongoing for weeks before the end of the season and that there have been regular reviews with Oscar on the subject, the club would obviously have been aware that PIG wouldn't have accepted the offer so avoided being publicly rebuffed.

So do you think they've taken a gamble in announcing a contract has been offered to Bruno and Caldy then? They could also turn them down as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here