Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hemed stands on a player (possibly accidentally) and gets a three match ban and Lukaku kicks the shit out of Bong and it’s not mentioned.

That’s ****ed up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes the ruling is that if a formal complaint was made by any county representative it will be investigated as they are considered to be independent observers.

Just a point of interest when we lost 5-0 at Palace at 2.15 that day the game was in fear of being called off as I asked for a ticket and Palace wouldnt give me one. I phoned the Secretary of Surrey who in turn phoned them and told them to give me one or the game couldnt be played again I was considered an independent county observer. They found me a ticket in the top of the stand right up in the corner with very poor vision that they couldnt sell but they found one. Taking to Les Smith (County Sec) later he told me that he would have refused to let the game go ahead had they not given me a ticket. I had a pass which entitled me to go to ANY game in England but out of politeness we always asked any League teams for a ticket..

So, before you bothered to ask for a ticket, the game would have gone ahead anyway, But as soon as you asked for one and they said no, the game was suddenly in danger of being called off?

That's a bit weird, don't you think? Does that mean tomorrow's match is in danger if we can't find space for some blazer-wearing old worthy from Culver Road? And what would have happened if you'd had to leave early to catch a train, or been taken ill in the 63rd minute? Would the referee have had to abandon the game?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What's it matter now? It wasn't spotted (a running theme) and we lost.

If you want to be principled sure that is admirable, but nothing will change the big club bias, something that hasn't changed for years.

All we are doing now is trying to weaken a team that we need to win the majority of their games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Clearly action is justified.
The likelihood of it actually happening without the clamour of "trial by TV" seems remote.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
BG, are you saying that if you were still on the Surrey FA you could make a complaint about Rom Lukaku kicking Bong in a match in Manchester and it would get investigated? If so, how can NSC help to get you back on there? I’m sure there’s 1000s in here willing to vouch for you.. :thumbsup:

I volunteer to drive BG to Surrey :moo:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

If you want to be principled sure that is admirable, but nothing will change the big club bias, something that hasn't changed for years.

All we are doing now is trying to weaken a team that we need to win the majority of their games.

Not really. If they acted as quickly as they did with Hemed, he'd miss Watford, Arsenal, and Man City.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, before you bothered to ask for a ticket, the game would have gone ahead anyway, But as soon as you asked for one and they said no, the game was suddenly in danger of being called off?

That's a bit weird, don't you think? Does that mean tomorrow's match is in danger if we can't find space for some blazer-wearing old worthy from Culver Road? And what would have happened if you'd had to leave early to catch a train, or been taken ill in the 63rd minute? Would the referee have had to abandon the game?

As I said in my post my pass gained me access to any game but out of politeness we always asked the club for a ticket and never encountered any problems. I could have just turned up and demanded entrance as per the pass.

Palace considered themselves above the law and never observed any rules that thought they could get away with on the pretext that they were the only league club affiliated to Surrey FA.. They even refused to send in the annual accounts as all clubs are required to do but after pressure sent in a Nil return with No Income No expenditure and a note to say they were a private company and the accounts would be submitted to Companies House. All clubs are required to enter the relevant County Cup competition for their standard but Palace refused saying they didnt have the time or the fit players. An agreement was reached, which is possibly still in place, allowing them not to take part and they agreed to play the cup winners at the winners ground in the following pre-season as a Charity competition in aid of the County Benevolent Fund. Just another example of their arrogance and disregard of lower grade football.

Wimbledon (old ones) were affiliated to London FA and were the exact opposite I was told and very obliging in all respects.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The kick out must at least be investigated - it is certainly being talked about too much to just be ignored. Makes no difference to us, except you want to see all teams be treated the same way

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As I said in my post my pass gained me access to any game but out of politeness we always asked the club for a ticket and never encountered any problems. I could have just turned up and demanded entrance as per the pass.

I get that you had a pass as an SCFA member, but I still don't understand how there was even the slightest question of calling off a match because a random official from the local County FA wasn't there at a game which there was no requirement for one to be at.

Furthermore, if you could have gained entry regardless, it would seem ludicrous that the Surrey FA would even consider calling it off at late notice simply because Palace hadn't granted you a ticket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I get that you had a pass as an SCFA member, but I still don't understand how there was even the slightest question of calling off a match because a random official from the local County FA wasn't there at a game which there was no requirement for one to be at.

Furthermore, if you could have gained entry regardless, it would seem ludicrous that the Surrey FA would even consider calling it off at late notice simply because Palace hadn't granted you a ticket.

The pass was issued and used as an independent observer and as such it stipulated that the holder must be allowed entry. The Secretary was just pulling rank according to the rules as Palace always did and just showing his strength nothing to do with me being a Brighton fan. The reason that it could have been called off is because they refused entry to an official accredited independent FA observer. Hence they found me a ticket.at about 2.30 but offered no hospitality, as was the usual procedure in such instances. . I can only tell you what the sec told me on the phone basically I have told them give you a ticket or I will instruct you to call the game off. I must admit I was surprised by his attitude.to the situation.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looking at the various clips, the ref can't really include it in his match report as being seen by him. Watch him, he's clearly followed the flight of the ball away from the six-yard box, and so would not have been looking in Lukaku's direction. Whether the linesman saw it is another matter.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

We’d be doing them a favour, he was ****ing useless.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here