Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lucky

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anti-positive is negative. You are.

So you take positive out of our season do you? Do you?

Regressed from the previous season.
Played the most negative football I have ever seen from any team in my life.

Your positive will be we didn't get relegated so don't even bother with that argument. If you are paying £600+ to watch that shit and feeling ok about it, then I wish I were you, or not, don't know.

But you happy clappers will march on next season knowing with CH we will play the same shit again. I can't be in your bubble, sorry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, without the Palace result yesterday we may not have survived, we literally took it to the wire.
You're too old to be saying 'literally' when it's nothing like literally. To the wire would be to the last game of the season. We've still got two games left! Even if Palace had lost yesterday (unlikely, as Cardiff aren't very good), we'd still stay up, as Cardiff aren't going to beat Utd.

Can you seriously, in your heart of hearts, tell me you have enjoyed what we have dished out since Christmas? Can you?
No of course not. Not because we haven't tried to play, but because we've lost so many games. But when you're one of the clubs fighting for survival, you're not going to enjoy it all, and it's not all going to be pretty. Did you really expect us to be like Wolves? We don't spend that much.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We are in the extremely fortuitous position of having had our weakness & failings laid bare for all to see and now, having gotten away it, have the benefit of time
and cash to splash to make the necessary adjustments before the start of next season rather than discover the horrible truth a few months in.

I think that is absolutely spot on. Had we won one or two of the home games we lost against ‘weaker’ teams we may have put the run of form down to being on the beach. Instead, as you say, we now know how poor we really are and what players need replaced. It has been fortunate or this summer we could have sleep walked into a disastrous third season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're too old to be saying 'literally' when it's nothing like literally. To the wire would be to the last game of the season. We've still got two games left! Even if Palace had lost yesterday (unlikely, as Cardiff aren't very good), we'd still stay up, as Cardiff aren't going to beat Utd.

No of course not. Not because we haven't tried to play, but because we've lost so many games. But when you're one of the clubs fighting for survival, you're not going to enjoy it all, and it's not all going to be pretty. Did you really expect us to be like Wolves? We don't spend that much.

I expected us to play football, nothing more and nothing less. I did not expect us to go out from kick off and play 9 behind the ball. I did not expect us to leave one striker isolated when we hoofed it away to him. I did not expect the totally negative tactics we have displayed for many months now. I did not expect us to stay up because we clearly did not deserve to. I feel embarrassed about our performances. Other than that, brilliant season.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not sure where the luck was, earlier in the season we had a few good games, strung together a small run of wins, got some points which have ultimately kept us up, which is how it goes isn't it? Later in the season the wheels have fallen off, if we'd played all season like we have in the last few games, we would have been down long ago...

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So, without the Palace result yesterday we may not have survived, we literally took it to the wire. Can you seriously, in your heart of hearts, tell me you have enjoyed what we have dished out since Christmas? Can you? And if you can I can only assume you've never played the game, are a happy clapper, and will take whatever shit is dished out to you.

You make a lot of assumptions about me, without knowing a thing about me. I don't like that! Just because I don't agree with your Sky TV/red top generated pigeon holing...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You make a lot of assumptions about me, without knowing a thing about me. I don't like that! Just because I don't agree with your Sky TV/red top generated pigeon holing...

Bless you, your assumptions about me may match mine about yours, difference is, you talk for the happy clappers and I don't.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You have made assumptions about my football knowledge with no basis for understanding, apart from the fact I don't agree with you, ergo I'm a happy clapper! Idiot...

And you have called me an idiot without knowing what hat I wear, ergo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I expected us to play football, nothing more and nothing less.
Ok. I expect us to try and stay in the division. That's too important to just go out and play, like it's a kick-about.
I did not expect us to go out from kick off and play 9 behind the ball.
We weren't doing that this season until recently, when we've tried to stop the rot.
I did not expect us to leave one striker isolated when we hoofed it away to him.
That we have done, but more because we've failed to find an alternative that works.
I did not expect the totally negative tactics we have displayed for many months now.
We haven't been negative for months. We were for some of last season, so there were threads about it. We improved and everyone moved on. Then we started this season well, and we weren't complaining about negativity. Then we were playing 433 and losing - still no one was complaining about negativity, we were just complaining about the quality of our players. Then the Southampton game happened. We were negative and lost because of it. Now history is being re-written.

I did not expect us to stay up because we clearly did not deserve to.
So who did deserve to stay up? Cardiff, because they've been plucky?
I feel embarrassed about our performances.
Man up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ok. I expect us to try and stay in the division. That's too important to just go out and play, like it's a kick-about.
We weren't doing that this season until recently, when we've tried to stop the rot.
That we have done, but more because we've failed to find an alternative that works.
We haven't been negative for months. We were for some of last season, so there were threads about it. We improved and everyone moved on. Then we started this season well, and we weren't complaining about negativity. Then we were playing 433 and losing - still no one was complaining about negativity, we were just complaining about the quality of our players. Then the Southampton game happened. We were negative and lost because of it. Now history is being re-written.

Man up.

Bugger off. I have a game to watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you take positive out of our season do you? Do you?

Regressed from the previous season.
Played the most negative football I have ever seen from any team in my life.

Your positive will be we didn't get relegated so don't even bother with that argument. If you are paying £600+ to watch that shit and feeling ok about it, then I wish I were you, or not, don't know.

But you happy clappers will march on next season knowing with CH we will play the same shit again. I can't be in your bubble, sorry.

Life is too short to be miserable. I'm very happy to be a happy clapper. Great point at the Emirates, and Murray's 200th goal.
Try smiling, it makes life a lot nicer. :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Man up.

Well said Trig.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Life is too short to be miserable. I'm very happy to be a happy clapper. Great point at the Emirates, and Murray's 200th goal.
Try smiling, it makes life a lot nicer. :)

Yesterday we were fantastic, imagine being dished that up over a full season. I'm happy, just not a happy clappy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here