Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lucky escape

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully no serious injuries.

Standard of driving here in Seaford is atrocious and a good example to anyone why defensive driving needs to be practiced. Taking on a roundabout here is like Russian roulette
I was only saying yesterday that driving around Worthing is akin to being in a dodgem sometimes

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My Sister took my 88 year old mum to a cafe in Seaford.
They had just left when a car crashed through the window!
Argus has latest pictures.
Firstly, I hope all are ok 👍

As its the Argus, I'm i suprised the headline wasn't glorified to say the car was being chased by a dinosaur, seeing its Seaford.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Some years ago, on an icy day, I stepped out of the petrol station shop door - as I reached my car just five yards away, another car came sliding in off the main road and straight into the door I had just come out of.

Went to work feeling like a very lucky chap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember there was a cafe in Seaford in the early 80s called The Tuck Inn, every so often some wag, with a dash of paint, would convert the T to an F. As an young boy I found this hilarious. As a 50 plus adult I still find this hilarious.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I knew my neighbour worked in a cafe but didn’t realise it was this one. She was in the kitchen when it happened. Fortunately she was fine, although shocked.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I remember there was a cafe in Seaford in the early 80s called The Tuck Inn, every so often some wag, with a dash of paint, would convert the T to an F. As an young boy I found this hilarious. As a 50 plus adult I still find this hilarious.
I was amazed they put up a sign 'River Uck' just asking for it!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The biggest Seaford news since the Ouse was diverted to Newhaven.
Seaford’s legendary - Monikka Danneman (Hendrix’s girlfriend) lived there for years; Jordan from the Sex Pistols; an actress who was in Star Wars first film and still does the conventions, the only female to speak in that film apart from Carrie Fisher; Jimmy Tarbuck owns a new build flat opposite the train station; Green Cross Code Man went to school there; the home constituency of three (3) Prime Ministers, the list is...errr..endl...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seaford’s legendary - Monikka Danneman (Hendrix’s girlfriend) lived there for years; Jordan from the Sex Pistols; an actress who was in Star Wars first film and still does the conventions, the only female to speak in that film apart from Carrie Fisher; Jimmy Tarbuck owns a new build flat opposite the train station; Green Cross Code Man went to school there; the home constituency of three (3) Prime Ministers, the list is...errr..endl...
You left out the brilliant artist Eric Slater and the lovely Natalie Graham.

D1F0EEEE-BE98-4ADC-859C-7695A6DCF3B2.png

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
As a lad everyday day on the way to Newhaven west beach we would change the Hope inn's chalkboard from " FRESH CRAB SANDWICHES" to "FRESH CRAP SANDWICHES ". In the end the landlord sellotaped over the B to try and thwart us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was only saying yesterday that driving around Worthing is akin to being in a dodgem sometimes
I drive in London daily and find the majority of drivers in Brighton are very polite. Makes a change from being cut up or cutting people up and having to put up with some idiot on the horn behind me before the lights have turned green.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have two short videos but can't work out how to put them up on this new format.
My sister said the old driver was wearing Christmas pyjamas!
I remember giving someone a pair of those, last Christmas.
And the very next day, he gave them away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a lad everyday day on the way to Newhaven west beach we would change the Hope inn's chalkboard from " FRESH CRAB SANDWICHES" to "FRESH CRAP SANDWICHES ". In the end the landlord sellotaped over the B to try and thwart us.
:lolol:

West Beach RIP. Every summer as a child was spent either on the west beach or east side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here