Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lucky escape

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Seaford’s legendary - Monikka Danneman (Hendrix’s girlfriend) lived there for years; Jordan from the Sex Pistols; an actress who was in Star Wars first film and still does the conventions, the only female to speak in that film apart from Carrie Fisher; Jimmy Tarbuck owns a new build flat opposite the train station; Green Cross Code Man went to school there; the home constituency of three (3) Prime Ministers, the list is...errr..endl...
Carrie Fisher and Shelagh Fraser had the only two speaking roles in A New Hope.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I remember there was a cafe in Seaford in the early 80s called The Tuck Inn, every so often some wag, with a dash of paint, would convert the T to an F. As an young boy I found this hilarious. As a 50 plus adult I still find this hilarious.
Just read this again and still laughing out loud. Cafe was still there in the late 90s when I lived in Seaford.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We used to explore the Napoleonic War tunnels in the Fort, before it was turned into a museum. Carte blanche to go anywhere, no h&s fencing or gates.
Same here. Did you find the one which ended with an opening half way up the cliff face? Im pretty sure this was the tunnel where you first descended a ladder in a well type structure, then you entered the tunnel out to the cliff.

There were quite a few tunnels at The Hope end of the fort as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same here. Did you find the one which ended with an opening half way up the cliff face? Im pretty sure this was the tunnel where you first descended a ladder in a well type structure, then you entered the tunnel out to the cliff.

There were quite a few tunnels at The Hope end of the fort as well.
Yes. We used to enter from the tunnels in the main carved out fort. I remember them being sloped downwards.

One of my best friends parents owned The Hope.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I’m too lazy to actually research this crap, but she was on the rebel base when they were planning the Death Star attack. She might have mimed.
:)
I'm afraid I'm going to have to go full nerd on you.
Shelagh Fraser played Aunt Beru, only her and Fisher spoke in A New Hope.
I think you're thinking of Caroline Blakiston who played Mon Mothma in Return of the Jedi, she led the attack on the Death Star. She definitely lived in Sussex.
I have no idea how I have a Mrs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seaford’s legendary - Monikka Danneman (Hendrix’s girlfriend) lived there for years; Jordan from the Sex Pistols; an actress who was in Star Wars first film and still does the conventions, the only female to speak in that film apart from Carrie Fisher; Jimmy Tarbuck owns a new build flat opposite the train station; Green Cross Code Man went to school there; the home constituency of three (3) Prime Ministers, the list is...errr..endl...
Monica was a very lovely lady. I knew her for years as she lived near to me in a charming old cottage. I was her paperboy and then for a couple of years was a her postman. That was almost 40 years ago. She was an artist and her portraits freaked me out, although they were very good. Her husband was Uli Jon Roth, the legendary neo classical metal guitarist from the Scorpions and UFO. They were very kind and always generous tippers. Sadly she committed suicide and Uli still believes that she was murdered. Jordan was well known around town. When I was about 10 my mum had to stop me staring at the lady with the bright red mohican on the bus lol. It was all a bit exotic for middle class Seaford. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here