Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luciano Becchio - Scouted Recently (Update)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey hasn't the bechio bit been done to death? Thought general consensus was short term loan as cover ..therefore bench warmer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As is Jon Obika in Spurs. Your point?

p.s I don't think we'll get Becchio.

Obika has never played a league game for tottenham, bechio played 8 times after signing last january (out of 14 games). Becchio can expect to get plenty of game time, Obika probably won't.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Can we not do better than Becchio? He only scored 11 goals in 2011-12, no better than CMS or Barnes.
Surely with 26k attendances we can afford someone better!?

Am I doing this right?

so you want to spunk 10 grand + a week on someone that wont play unless Ulloa is injured - if the answer to that question is yes - then you have to persuade the player to come on loan knowing he wont get much game time..... becchio would be a huge result given the above. so to answer your question i dont think you are doing this right.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar will not play 2 upfront!, and Becchio would not come here and sit on the bench

well, he's been doing just that the last few games with Buckley playing up front with Ulloa!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
If people think Becchio isn`t good enough for us they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Would be surprised if he came here on loan though, as most of the sensible heads say on here why pay all that money for a bench warmer.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Tony's brother - quite often involved in player deals. Hardly ever mentioned by name but references are made, occasionally, such as when we signed CMS and the Peterborough chairman spoke about "the Bloom boys".

There's me thinking it was Tony's Dad... :facepalm:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
well, he's been doing just that the last few games with Buckley playing up front with Ulloa!

Not correct - Buckley has been playing behind Ulloa and Becchio is an out and out target man similar to Ulloa

You're both right...Buckley has played as an out & out striker AND behind Ulloa, aswell as on the wing...he has constantly rotated his position.

Don't be surprised to see us play 4-1-2-1-2 with Orlando floating around behind a front two.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You're both right...Buckley has played as an out & out striker AND behind Ulloa, aswell as on the wing...he has constantly rotated his position.

Don't be surprised to see us play 4-1-2-1-2 with Orlando floating around behind a front two.

Actually l don't think either of you are right. IMO Buckley hasn't been playing at all this season. For a player who cost us a six figure transfer fee he should be producing far more on the pitch than he has done so far. Hope for you yet l think Kaz.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it's easily forgotten that Will was a million pound man.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No - I believe there's absolutely zero chance of him coming here.

Sneaky. I see what you did there...

Absolute Zero = -247°C

247 is 24/7

24/7 = all day long.

When you say "all day long" you usually mean something is a certainty, that there is no doubt.

So Becchio is definitely coming. Thanks for the update, Bozza!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sneaky. I see what you did there...

Absolute Zero = -247°C

247 is 24/7

24/7 = all day long.

When you say "all day long" you usually mean something is a certainty, that there is no doubt.

So Becchio is definitely coming. Thanks for the update, Bozza!
:lolol: yeh I am sure thats right

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That article says they want him on a season long loan, I thought you couldn't do that until the Jan window? My impression the max loan was 93 days.

kind of shows how well informed they are.........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here