Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua unavailable for tomorrow (merged)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest have Lua Lua or Buckley ever played more than five consecutive games for us? Acker79?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Fully expect the starting eleven to be:

Kuszczak

Bruno Greer Upson Ward

Bridcutt
Ince Agustien Andrews
David

Ulloa​

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Is it lazy to suggest that if Buckley and LuaLua were not prone to injury, they would probably be playing at a higher level than us?

Not lazy, but the opposite, if the opposite is 'wise'.

This is the Championship -- League Two in a tuxedo. With a few exceptions, everyone is still a little too young, gotten a little too old, a little too-injury-prone, a little too slow, etc. etc. or they'd be elsewhere.

The Free Market, blessed be It, red in tooth and claw, sees to that.

(And a good thing, too, otherwise it'd get loose into society generally and there'd be hell to pay.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We HAVE to get another winger. Poor Kaz, can never get a run of games going.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Whilst I appreciate that injuries are common, I struggle sometimes to understand why with all the resource at their disposal that certain players suffer with the same recurring problems. Do they not warm up their muscles correctly, do they not warm down, are they not stretching in between periods of training and competitive matches. Or maybe with certain players its more psychological. Lua Lua and Buckley are becoming less valueable to the team and themselves with their run of injuries that appear to be regular occurrence's now. How dependable are they in a chase for promotion?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clearly our season has been carried by other more dependable players, I don't remember Conway being injured on this scale.
It's just remarkable though. It's Oscar's first season - learning about his players, learning about the league - we've been ravaged by injuries - and I think of games like Charlton away, where we the best side (IMO) and got nothing - and still we're 6th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here