Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua MUST start Sunday...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But do we gamble irrespective of the opposition and the type of game we're about to play? I would be all for LuaLua starting, and Buckley as well. It would give us more attacking intent and it would make us a lot more open, which might be fantastic for us. Or it might allow us to be picked apart. This is Gus' team, just how he wants us to play the game. I rate Orlandi, Dave and Vicente a lot higher than Buckley and LuaLua, but that's just my preference of player.

Enjoy? I enjoy watching Brighton play. I enjoyed watching the Micky Adams mark 2 team, the Slade team which just couldn't gel and even the Brian Horton team which tried so hard and did so little! It's all relative. Would I be more attacking with the line up and the tactics? Yes. But then my only concern would be scoring half a dozen goals per game and attacking at will. A bit like Peterborough. Where are they in the table, by the way?

Where Posh are in the league is completely irrelevant, for a simple comparison they haven't spent millions on players compared to us. Gus puts far too much emphasis on the defence and leaves us with very little to attack with. We only ever play with 1 quick attacker which is why we score so few.its boring and fairly negative. I'm not expecting us to play in gung-ho style but maybe play 2 strikers or 2 wingers at once. Especially when we are playing the team that are bottom of the table.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Where Posh are in the league is completely irrelevant, for a simple comparison they haven't spent millions on players compared to us. Gus puts far too much emphasis on the defence and leaves us with very little to attack with. We only ever play with 1 quick attacker which is why we score so few.its boring and fairly negative. I'm not expecting us to play in gung-ho style but maybe play 2 strikers or 2 wingers at once. Especially when we are playing the team that are bottom of the table.

Would be nice, Especially at home...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you honestly say you enjoy watching slow, sideways football that results in little or no end product. The 6 man defence is all well and good but we have nothing going forward.

****ing nonsense. How are we SEVENTH then? Sorry, it's not just you, there is just so much utter HORSESHIT being spoken on this site at the moment. We control games and CLEARLY from our league position we win more than we lose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And I don't buy that we're that negative - on the pitch we will usually have 2 full backs playing basically as wingers, 2/3 attacking midfielders and 1 up top. I don't see that as that negative.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good idea, let's pack the midfield with paceless players and try and hang on for a point in a must win game!

You mean the tactics that have got us the second most points in the Championship in 2013?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
****ing nonsense. How are we SEVENTH then? Sorry, it's not just you, there is just so much utter HORSESHIT being spoken on this site at the moment. We control games and CLEARLY from our league position we win more than we lose.

We are seventh because we have a good squad, but we would be higher than seventh if we were to play a more attack minded game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always been a massive Buckley fan but... he is not in good form at the moment.

KLL played well last night and deserves his chance. I would be happy to start with Lua Lua and, if he tires/it doesn't work out, bring on Will.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Playing two wingers will stop Palarse from trying to dominate the game from the off , Gus has to exploit their frailties at the back.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

That's your opinion, I respect that. In my opinion controlling a game by passing the ball along the back 4 and occasionally onto 1 of the 2 defensive midfielders is a fairly negative style. There is no gusto in the team at the moment, it's sll gently gently slowly does it. We then expect our isolated striker to bury both of the chances he gets each game. We've got a very talented squad and it is frustrating to see it not being usef to its full potential.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

And this thread is bollocks. When was the last time Lua Lua looked any good when a started a match? I know he's not been getting the chances he deserves, but he's at his most impressive BY FAR when he's attacking a tiring full back. I wish he could do this from the start (like Buckley does when playing well) but he can't.

Ironically I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on Sunday anyway owing to a lack of options and Buckley's shocking form of late.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't start Lua Lua. I'd bring him on at half time.

Let's play 'our' game for 45 minutes and see where we are. OK nobody was more annoyed last night than me but we have a great squad (even without El Abd and Barnes) and we are at home. Let's restock, brace ourselves and go out there and play the Brighton way. Let's knock it about, keep possession and run Palace into the ground. WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT THEM IF WE ARE NOT RECKLESS. If, at half time, we are not winning, bring on LuaLua and give bat shit crazy for the win. This game is afterall the first 'must win' of the season. A draws no good, and a defeat would end our season - we need to avoid being too gung-ho from the off, but play our way and then in the second half if it isn't working go shit or bust.

We can win on Sunday.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
This is the team that lost 3-0 in December and remember Dunk was sent off after only 8 mins!

29 Kuszczak - Booked
02 Bruno
03 Greer
05 Dunk - Dismissed
14 Calderon
04 Hammond - Booked
11 Orlandi - Booked (Crofts - 45' )
26 Bridcutt - Booked
30 Buckley (Dicker - 74' )
09 Barnes
12 Mackail-Smith

Substitutes
01 Brezovan
08 Crofts
17 Harley
18 Dicker
21 David Lopez
07 Hoskins
10 Dobbie

It's going to be a heavily changed team from then whatever happens including the subs bench.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's a different league to Buckley right now.

--------------------Pig

Calde--- --Greer ---Upson ---bridge

-------------------bridcutt

Lopez-----Orlandi----Vicente----Lua Lua

---------------------ulloa

Dec 29, 2011
He's a different league to Buckley right now.

--------------------Pig

Calde--- --Greer ---Upson ---bridge

-------------------bridcutt

Lopez-----Orlandi----Vicente----Lua Lua

---------------------ulloa

A few things, firstly Buckley started to show glimpses of his former self against Palace, wouldn't want to drop him before he gets some momentum up, Buckley to start IMO (if fully fit).
Secondly Vicente doesn't play too well away from home usually, especially when he plays the whole game. He tires quickly and rarely tracks back leaving us vulnerable. An impact player when away for me.
Lastly Lopez is so much more effective in the centre or in a 'free roam' role, he's pretty shit on the wing.

Buckley for Vicente and swap Buckley with Lopez and I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here