Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua's dive.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not so much a dive as a belly flop. Pathetic, and fully deserving of a booking. No wonder the Wednesday fans booed him whenever he got anywhere near the ball for the rest of the night.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If there comes a time or maybe a final straw that makes me give it all up it will be this diving crap. I know it has pretty much always been around but I really just can't stand it. Then I hear Torres is to escape punishment....... It f.ucking astounds me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The reaction of the Wednesday fans was so dramatic, it seemed pretty obvious that he'd taken a dive.

Incidentally, does anyone else find it really irritating that FIFA, UEFA and the FA (and Match of the Day etc) insist on calling it "simulation"? A pathetic, woolly term invented so as not to offend the delicate players found guilty of the offence. Let's cut the crap and call it what it is.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It does show just how inconsistent refereeing is in this league. From the WSU it was obviously pretty hard to tell if it was a dive or not and for a while we felt confused by on the assumption that the referee had neither booked Lua Lua nor given a penalty. Now seems it was a dive with minimal or no contact. Contrast that with Pogrebnyak's second yellow at Reading where Andrews did touch him but he utterly over exaggerated the contact. And yet our ref last night was supposed to be a card happy feller.

Also can anyone nearer the action confirm our assumption that the ref was actually a midget or a ten year old in fancy dress?
The ref did in fact seem to be very small. it made me wonder if, when he was pacing out for a free-kick, he needed to do a Spinal tap and "turn it up to 11".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here