Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disagree, he was being hacked down twice a minute and was taken off for his own protection.

I would amend that to diving twice a minute. The ref was very poor generally but he saw through Lua Lua and as a result possibly didnt give as many freekicks as he could possibly have done

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would amend that to diving twice a minute. The ref was very poor generally but he saw through Lua Lua and as a result possibly didnt give as many freekicks as he could possibly have done

He was definitely hacked down, as I saw him, directly in front of me, holding onto his weak ankle. He was in a lot of pain. That isn't to say that he didn't dive later on in the game but this was fairly early on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He was definitely hacked down, as I saw him, directly in front of me, holding onto his weak ankle. He was in a lot of pain. That isn't to say that he didn't dive later on in the game but this was fairly early on.

you can add to the 2 other instances where he was body checked

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
certainly was making more of an impact in the first half than March who doesn't seem right for that midfield role

Poor Solly, it seems that this season he has had his natural skill and trickery coached out of him to be replaced by safe 5m passes, I can't recall him running by anyone on Saturday. Doesn't look the raw exciting player we saw in the pre season games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One or too of them he might of gone over a bit easily, but most were fowls IMHO. The last one was extremely cynical, where their player stuck a foot out at the last minute right in front of the referee and got a yellow.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He scored many a goal with free kicks especially the one decent goal at Anfield. I'm sure you could think of others if you tried hard enough. His corners are of a decent quality too.

Corners have been terrible overall!

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Lualua seems to just play 'for the foul' nowadays, which isn't enough when our set pieces aren't the best. Gets fouled 4-5 times a game, would love to see the stats for how many times the full back he's up against HASNT been booked this season.

Turned into a bit of a one trick pony. Does a step over and goes outside every time, where are the days where he would cut inside and fire into the bottom corner?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Everytime Kaz got the ball, Dobbie was shouting and pointing at what way he was going to run...

Because he lit up the game when he was on? To the best of my knowledge he was not withdrawn due to injury.

Well, if you think we had a better attacking player on the pitch than him at any point in the 90+ mins, I'd like to hear you make a case

Poor Solly, it seems that this season he has had his natural skill and trickery coached out of him to be replaced by safe 5m passes, I can't recall him running by anyone on Saturday. Doesn't look the raw exciting player we saw in the pre season games.

And the exact same thing happened to Rohan Ince. Surging runs when he first started into the team, replaced by backward passing and sinking back into third centre back territory

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Mustapha Carayol and Albert Adomah have 20 goals between them this season for 'Boro.

LuaLua, March, Buckley and Rodriguez have 5 between them.

No doubt he's one of our most exciting players, but you do wonder if we could move him on for a decent fee and bring in Carayol or someone similar (given we bid for him in January) whether it'd be an area worth spending a good part of our money this summer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, if you think we had a better attacking player on the pitch than him at any point in the 90+ mins, I'd like to hear you make a case

When Stephens pushed on he was more threatening. Lingard ran at Blackpool yesterday with more success. Two examples.....

If you think of a direct threat you could argue that Buckley got into a more dangerous positions than KLL and Ulloa, but twice but failed.

KLL, as always, looks good on the ball, but how may times did he get a ball across, once perhaps, twice, he ran into players trying to get a foul and when he was scythed down in the second half the ref didn't give it, arguably as a result of the first half.

He is exciting to watch and can be unplayable, but yesterday was not one of those days.....

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Classic step over and falls over. Though I still like him because he was unstoppable in League One.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Didn't have his best game yesterday. Buckley & Orlandi are certain starters when fit but I love it when he comes on for 30 mins when defenders are tired.

When Stephens pushed on he was more threatening. Lingard ran at Blackpool yesterday with more success. Two examples.....

If you think of a direct threat you could argue that Buckley got into a more dangerous positions than KLL and Ulloa, but twice but failed.

KLL, as always, looks good on the ball, but how may times did he get a ball across, once perhaps, twice, he ran into players trying to get a foul and when he was scythed down in the second half the ref didn't give it, arguably as a result of the first half.

He is exciting to watch and can be unplayable, but yesterday was not one of those days.....
Thanks for replying but you lost me at Lingard

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
He's one of my favourite players but I do feel he goes to ground too easily and yes refs have sussed that out this season. That said Blackpool have the worst discipline record of the season thus far - 82 yellows, 10 reds and 10 pens conceded so admit he was kicked out the game somewhat...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here