Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua on twitter.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've resigned myself to the fact he is not returning and think it's a shame we (may have) wasted the summer chasing him or expecting it to be a formality and now we are left rushing to find a replacement in the last week before the big kick off.

I hope I'm doing Gus a disservice there and he has always had eggs in other baskets and not just Kazenga's (so to speak), but it does APPEAR like we took it as granted that he would return and now it's a panic to find someone else.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Andros Townsend i cant see getting in the spurs side, look at who he's up against in Lennon, Kranjcar, Modric etc etc. If he was a future premiership star he would be playing or at least on the bench far more often like that Danny Rose was. A decent bid would get him IMO, and he like Lua Lua is very quick, but also chips in with a goal or two.

IMO a better player RIGHT NOW than Kazenga

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Newcastle will want to keep hold of Lua Lua but send him out on long term deal for at least this season, if they stay up this season, they may look to off load if they do not think he'll come through to Prem standard, however after a good season of first team football and if they slip back down to the Championship they'll want to keep hold of him.

But by dragging this out they are not really fair to the player, they must have an idea if he is going to be in their 25 for this season by now ??

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not necessarily Springal. If they are waiting to hear about a player from Man U, they could be waiting to make sure they have cover in case the deal falls through. Not unreasonable with nearly a month of the transfer window still to go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really hope we still get Lua Lua to be honest. Even if we do have to wait till after Swindon

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
I think we will, I have a strong feeling. We just might have to wait 1 or 2 games. That's why we have Baz or Jamie Smith to take his place for a few games :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bear in mind its likely Newcastle will only be in the Prem one season so do they send him out on a season long loan or try to sell him before his contract is up ?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bear in mind its likely Newcastle will only be in the Prem one season so do they send him out on a season long loan or try to sell him before his contract is up ?

All they need to do is put a contract under his nose to the tune of at least what he is on now to ensure they don't lose him on a free.
Everton take note! :lolol:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Just seen that Toon are waiting on Man U to agree a loan move for Tom Cleverley - news expected later this week.

Would seem to make sense that this would be the "domino" that moves LuaLua on

Speaking to a Toon mate of mine, this above seems the most viable reason - he says that they are struggling to put 25 players together and trying to get Cleverley - if not, then they most likely will keep Lua Lua as they need squad members.

So, will Tony/Gus take a punt and wait for the river card?

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
I wonder whether this is more about LuaLua wanting a good deal than Newcastle stalling? Could it be that they have said he can go out on loan (probably to us) but he wants to see who else comes in for him and whether he could even get a permanent deal somewhere. Perhaps we are even trying to buy him?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
FootballMillion Hey I just been stopped by a police officer and he was Brighton fan, no fine baby lol
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

FootballMillion I've seen the will kazenga return video so many times lol
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
He's a great player and should go back on loan to Brighton as I doubt he will get in the Toon squad as there are players like Gutierrez that have cemented their place there

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They offered him a long contract in the summer, 4 years I think, so selling him soon isn't really likely.

Are you sure you're not getting him confused with Poyet Poyet on the 4 year contract bit? :lolol:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I sent him a message on Twitter asking if he was coming back and he has replied "no mate"

Have just asked him why and am waiting for his reply!!!

Am feeling rather pissed off now to be honest, was really hoping this was going to happen!!!!

The response 'no mate' is obviously not good.

He had previously been saying things like 'I hope so' and 'maybe mid august' etc. Saying NO sounds a lot more final to me.

Has he come back yet as to why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here