Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua Heavy?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I thought he didn't look very interested when he came on last night. Perhaps that's unfair, but he seems to have misplaced his mojo.

I thought he was poor last night, falling to the floor far too easily, zero impact on the game. You will him to succeed but can't help feeling that with us that ship has probably sailed (and similar metaphors).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems to be permanently cast in that Seventy Minute Impact Sub role nowadays, except with less and less impact. Time to maybe drop down a level and make a real difference to a club that could make full use of him?

He probably still has the basic attributes to rip League One apart.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I personally think his confidence in his body has gone. He used to pick the ball up and his first instinct was to bomb on. Now he seems to have one trick which is to slow his man down do a step over and try to go down the outside and hit it as hard as he can into the box.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His entire playing style changed fundamentally after the Hartlepool (?) ankle break. Hard to remember now but he used to occasionally do Buckley-esque sprints. Now it seems that even if he was played in on goal, he would have to check back and stop to let a defender get in position, before then trying to beat them from a standing start.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
You've summed him up, he seems to have lost his explosive change of pace. He has some incredible statistics in terms of getting opposition players booked however he doesn't have the stamina to last 90 minutes and doesn't have the consistency to warrant a starting place.

That's what everyone said at the start of last season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Has always seemed a little bit of a confidence player and maybe that self belief is lacking a little atm (doesn't think twice about taking on and beating players or once he passed the ball, looking for the return ball in a good area when he is full of belief but he can be a little hesitant when he isn't as confident which can allow the opposition time to recover and reorganise - hopefully he can get back to his best for us

Even when we were at Withdean, if he returned from an injury he would generally take a few games to get back up to full speed. So now that he isn't playing that regularly (injury last season, strong squad and the new season has just started) it may take a few extra games to get match sharp and his confidence back to take on and beat players once again (like he did at the start of last season before his injury)

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I personally think his confidence in his body has gone. He used to pick the ball up and his first instinct was to bomb on. Now he seems to have one trick which is to slow his man down do a step over and try to go down the outside and hit it as hard as he can into the box.

This is exactly how I see Kaz these days although I'll add he still persists in poking the ball too far away from his body just before a cross and then has to stretch to wrap this left foot round it losing any accuracy in his final ball.

All I really think about when I think of Kaz is I will definitely see the static feint and then push the ball wide to draw a foul. Good player, needs to move on and play week in week out to get his mojo back - Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy and March when fit are all ahead of him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Looks to me like he's started this season better than he finished the last. Promising signs last night I thought that he'll get back to his best. He's still a player that can really give tired defenders an absolute nightmare. Just needs a few games to play himself back on to form with the crowd behind him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I seem to remember him and bong were immense together, maybe that will make a difference. Too soon to write him off as it wasn't very long ago that he was a repeated game changer .
Even at his best not as good as knocky tho

Jul 7, 2003
Looks to me like he's started this season better than he finished the last. Promising signs last night I thought that he'll get back to his best.

What signs? He did his now usual slowly beat a man and then let him come back for a second attempt? All he does is slow down our fast counter attacking game.

Sorry to say that Kaz has had his day and agree with those who say he will be 5th choice when March returns ( 6th if you move Rosenior back to midfield or even 7th if Bjordal keeps progressing). Thanks for the memories, shame about the injuries, but time to find a new club where he will fit into their style and give their fans some of the joy he has given us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I thought he didn't look very interested when he came on last night. Perhaps that's unfair, but he seems to have misplaced his mojo.

Not unfair at all. Thought the very same thing. When he used to get the ball it was a case of a Forest Gump style "Run Kazenga Run", but now it's just please don't fall over Kaz.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What signs? He did his now usual slowly beat a man and then let him come back for a second attempt? All he does is slow down our fast counter attacking game.

Sorry to say that Kaz has had his day and agree with those who say he will be 5th choice when March returns ( 6th if you move Rosenior back to midfield or even 7th if Bjordal keeps progressing). Thanks for the memories, shame about the injuries, but time to find a new club where he will fit into their style and give their fans some of the joy he has given us.

Totally disagree. That's football.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He was man of the match last week against Colchester and deservedly so.
He's still a nightmare to play against. Witness the fouls against him in 20 minutes.
Hughton must rate him otherwise he wouldn't be on the bench. He's not short of options.

Agreed must be a night mare for knackered full backs to see him come on with 20 to go. I think he has a lot left to offer us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here