Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua goal, Falmer effect etc..

The Jackal

Sep 10, 2010
We’ll see after about 12-15 games, if we still here or higher then the play-offs beckon at least I would of thought.

Look at the teams over that period over the years and those teams in the top 8 have always been around those spots for the duration of the season, usually get the odd team that make a late dash to make the play - off or automatic promotion.

Fingers crossed anyway :albion1:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hate to be churlish but apart from that being Lua Lua's first league goal, wasn't it, y'know, his first ever shot on goal for us. Which makes him one up on that non-league kid with the tiny head. But up until the goal, Lua Lua would rather do anything than than take a shot on goal. Or was nobody else watching? ???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
You have to say that Rochdale and Carlisle are unlikely to be in the running after 46 games so play-offs is achievable if we keep up this good form.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
THPP, perhaps he didn't have an opportunity (to shoot) up to that point?
He is a winger not a central striker. Bennett, especially when he is playing wider on the right, often only manages one shot/free kick attempt on goal in a game. It's rather the norm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had a few yesterday in open play. Seemed markedly not keen on taking them.

He had a dig almost with his first run in the first half when he got into the area, but pulled his shot wide across goal.

He's a supply line, not a striker. But he's dangerous enough to weigh in with his fair share. I was pleasantly thrilled with his performance, he is just so far and away above playing at this level its not even funny.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He had a few yesterday in open play. Seemed markedly not keen on taking them.

What point are you actually trying to make here fella? Yes he nay gave only had one shot on goal but Jesus what a strike, as pointed out above he is a winger not a striker. The fact is he terrorised them with his pace all afternoon and almost single handedly won us the game. Less of the negativity please, something you posts tend to display on a regular basis.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What point are you actually trying to make here fella? ... Less of the negativity please, something you posts tend to display on a regular basis.

Just trying to pull feet back on ground fella. I see it as objectivity rather than negativity. For sure, Lua Lua was a joy to watch in full flow and WAY WAY better than we're accustomed to. But his heart's set on Newcastle and we're some way off being a shoe-in for the play-offs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A win and a decent short term loan signing can hardly be a new dawn can it ?
Indeed. But this is good ol' bi-polar NSC on one of it's 'up' days when the glass isn't so much full as positively overflowing. Two or three games without a win and the black clouds of doom and gloom will descend again - to be dispelled by the next decent performance.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Hate to be churlish but apart from that being Lua Lua's first league goal, wasn't it, y'know, his first ever shot on goal for us. Which makes him one up on that non-league kid with the tiny head. But up until the goal, Lua Lua would rather do anything than than take a shot on goal. Or was nobody else watching? ???

Disagree, had plenty of shots on goal during his first spell with us, would often cut inside and have a go. Did this plenty of times, Southampton at home particularly sticks out when he seemed to be playing them on his own.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Best game I've seen at Withdean in ages, for once we looked solid at the back and Kaz was quite superb, just illustrates the distance we have to go for a sniff at the prem.
If Bloom is a real gambler £1-2 million for Kaz could be a good investment assuming they would sell, he'd help fill Falmer and we could get a good return if he progresses, when we sell (even allowing for the inevitable sell-on clause).
I shall eagerly look forward to the next game.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Looking at the fixtures we have had a fairly tough start to the season. Rochdale seem to be in good nick, MK Dons were in the midst of a hot spell, Sheffield Wednesday are most peoples tip for promotion, we have Carlisle away and Bournemouth around the corner and all within the opening ten matches. OK, that's a quarter of the season so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised but to me it has looked like a pretty rough start.

Therefore, The Jackal is right. After about 15 matches we will have a much better idea of where we are. Given the matches we have had I'm pretty chuffed with where we are right now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good point Jim - we haven't played any of the teams in the bottom eight yet and have the top team away on Saturday. Early doors but very encouraging especially with teams all over the league dropping unlikely points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here