Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Bloke at the tic office said Watford points were going on early for spuds tix

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
how annoying, went to purchase a ticket for fulham away and am short 100 points. frustrating much

I'm sure you'll get tickets when the threshold drops, we have quite a large allocation.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I've got 1114 - even more frustrating! Sure it will be okay though at the next threshold.

Just another way to get another £20 out of fans, buy a Bronze membership and hey presto 50 loyalty points and the magic 1160 figure is achieved, I wonder how many thousands of loyal fans fall into this category.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just another way to get another £20 out of fans, buy a Bronze membership and hey presto 50 loyalty points and the magic 1160 figure is achieved, I wonder how many thousands of loyal fans fall into this category.

Pretty much the only way one can have over 1000 points is if one is a ST holder, which is a Silver member. I don't know for sure, but I doubt the club would let you buy a Bronze membership on top of your Silver, just for the LP.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Ticket bought. Could quite easily collect them but want some value for my £1 booking fee so they can post them out to me

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

STH's cannot become bronze members as they are automatically Silver members

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm banking on 3000 people not having over 1160 points otherwise its the 'mixed area' for me.

On way on earth do we have 3,000 people with over 1,160 - I think its probably about 1,000 -1,200 people max in that category.

Don't see why the club can't give numbers, even to the round 500 so everybody know where they stand

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Pretty much the only way one can have over 1000 points is if one is a ST holder, which is a Silver member. I don't know for sure, but I doubt the club would let you buy a Bronze membership on top of your Silver, just for the LP.

I hope you are right, but I have just tried buying the Bronze online and put in my fan number and up comes my name which has already the season ticket on it and it was allowing me to go ahead with the purchase. Whether it would have failed at payment point I don't know, as I am not prepared to test that. But it did appear to be allowing me to buy, which does give me the fifty points. So I am not sure.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I hope you are right, but I have just tried buying the Bronze online and put in my fan number and up comes my name which has already the season ticket on it and it was allowing me to go ahead with the purchase. Whether it would have failed at payment point I don't know, as I am not prepared to test that. But it did appear to be allowing me to buy, which does give me the fifty points. So I am not sure.

Hmmm. I got all the way through the purchase process to the very last step, and it let me too. I strongly suspect that if I'd hit "submit" it would have allowed me to buy it. Whether I would have then got the 50 LP is unknown. One would hope that I wouldn't have done, but it's got to be likely that I would - if the system allows you to pay for something, it presumably allows the allocation of the LP benefit to the account too. I choose to believe that such an outcome is a system glitch rather than a deliberate ploy by the club to get an extra £20, but others may take a different view, I guess!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hmmm. I got all the way through the purchase process to the very last step, and it let me too. I strongly suspect that if I'd hit "submit" it would have allowed me to buy it. Whether I would have then got the 50 LP is unknown. One would hope that I wouldn't have done, but it's got to be likely that I would - if the system allows you to pay for something, it presumably allows the allocation of the LP benefit to the account too. I choose to believe that such an outcome is a system glitch rather than a deliberate ploy by the club to get an extra £20, but others may take a different view, I guess!

I think it would just allocate 50 points to the fan number and that would be it, it does not come back and say you are already a silver member and therefore cannot hold bronze membership.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it would just allocate 50 points to the fan number and that would be it, it does not come back and say you are already a silver member and therefore cannot hold bronze membership.

I emailed the club to ask the question and the answer is yes, a ST holder can purchase a Bronze membership but no, you won't get the additional points. Currently there is no way to prevent the system from allowing a ST holder from purchasing a Bronze Membership, but the allocation of LP to an account is reviewed and would be blocked.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I emailed the club to ask the question and the answer is yes, a ST holder can purchase a Bronze membership but no, you won't get the additional points. Currently there is no way to prevent the system from allowing a ST holder from purchasing a Bronze Membership, but the allocation of LP to an account is reviewed and would be blocked.

Well thanks for that, they do still seem to have flaws in their ticketing system that has been going on since April according to one guy in the ticket office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here