Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty points.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont mind the loyalty point scheme, fits the problem faced with lots of fans and small home/away allocations. but... isnt the allocation per game a bit stingy? 10 points for Doncaster and none for Spurs? using the portsmouth game requirement as an example, i would have to go to 4 seasons of home games to build up that number of points.

i reckon if i have attended every game i should be at least near to the same points as a STH (especially as it would cost more).

and while we're here... i may have missed this, are there plans to allocate loyalty points for club shop purchases, with say a couple of points per £10 spent? be a good way to allow those living away from the area to build up points.

D

Deleted member 18477

personally i think you should get more loyalty points for travelling more miles. 100 miles+ say 30 points, 70 miles+ 20 points and anything less 10 points. this should be based on miles from Brighton.

10 points for middlesbrough away is very stingy in my opinion.

the ticket prices are generally quite fair for all games however its the travelling cost that prevents a lot from travelling all over the country. gets bloody expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 18477

Surely not. Fewer people are going to want to attend a cup game and therefore those that do should be rewarded more. Or am I missing the point?

agreed! if anything donny at home could be 0 points as its so highly in demand. where as gills in the cup not so much, so you should be rewarded for making an effort to a game not that 'attractive'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i reckon if i have attended every game i should be at least near to the same points as a STH (especially as it would cost more)

This is the crux.

STH's have been and always will be way, WAY ahead in the queue for away tickets. They've always had first dibs and with the club giving them 1000 - 1250 points this way it will obviously continue. If you're starting from zero then realistically you'll never catch up with a thousand-pointer STH, or if you do then you'll bloody deserve it !

What this loyalty scheme will do is provide an effective points accumulator to sort out an order of priority amongst all the non-STH's once the tickets go on general sale.

Seems fair to me.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
personally i think you should get more loyalty points for travelling more miles. 100 miles+ say 30 points, 70 miles+ 20 points and anything less 10 points. this should be based on miles from Brighton.

10 points for middlesbrough away is very stingy in my opinion.

the ticket prices are generally quite fair for all games however its the travelling cost that prevents a lot from travelling all over the country. gets bloody expensive.

Personally I agree with this but it won't be adopted for 2 reasons. Firstly the simple logistical reasons that not everyone lives in Brighton therefore a 600 mile round trip for 1 person maybe a quick dash round the corner for another.

The main reason however is purely financial. I'm going to both the Gills cup match and Cardiff away. Now if "loyalty" points really were for loyalty the Cardiff game would clearly be far greater then a home cup game which requirements little time, money and effort in comparison to the Cardiff fixture. However the club would rather you go to the home game as they get the money from the ticket plus whatever food, drink and programmes etc that you buy in the stadium. From the Cardiff game they see a small percentage of the gate. No matter how much they say about the great loyal support away from home the truth is you're being rewarded for spending money with Albion and not elsewhere. Hence Gills is 20 points and Cardiff will only be 10.

D

Deleted member 18477

Personally I agree with this but it won't be adopted for 2 reasons. Firstly the simple logistical reasons that not everyone lives in Brighton therefore a 600 mile round trip for 1 person maybe a quick dash round the corner for another.

The main reason however is purely financial. I'm going to both the Gills cup match and Cardiff away. Now if "loyalty" points really were for loyalty the Cardiff game would clearly be far greater then a home cup game which requirements little time, money and effort in comparison to the Cardiff fixture. However the club would rather you go to the home game as they get the money from the ticket plus whatever food, drink and programmes etc that you buy in the stadium. From the Cardiff game they see a small percentage of the gate. No matter how much they say about the great loyal support away from home the truth is you're being rewarded for spending money with Albion and not elsewhere. Hence Gills is 20 points and Cardiff will only be 10.

yea exactly! obviously the club would rather you attend home games. again this subject throws up to the fact that everyone thinks of loyalty differently. A lot of fans would argue travelling all over the country as loyal, whereas others would consider buying a season ticket and attending all home games as more loyal. The club have done the right thing for them so we cant argue really as that then benefits us as well!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is the crux.

STH's have been and always will be way, WAY ahead in the queue for away tickets. They've always had first dibs and with the club giving them 1000 - 1250 points this way it will obviously continue. If you're starting from zero then realistically you'll never catch up with a thousand-pointer STH, or if you do then you'll bloody deserve it !

i agree with that in principle. but do STH have to be *so* way ahead? consider this: Jonny doesnt renew their season ticket for 2012/13 and stops going all together, while old George has been to 15 home games and travelled to 5 through the 2011/12 season. George continues his interest through 2012/13 with another dozen games home and away by Janurary. Forth round of the FA throws up Chelsea away. Jonny gets priority due to 1000 points verses 320, and off he goes. and the same could happen in 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. at 10 points a game it will take a fan 4 years to catch up with someone who had a season ticket one year.

still seem fair?

when i say "near", i mean say 75% if they have attended as many games.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is the crux.

STH's have been and always will be way, WAY ahead in the queue for away tickets.

Apart fron Spurs away when there were more tickets than STHs but, unbelievably, a good number of STH missed out. 3 people I know, STH from Gills days, did not renew leaving the club £1200 worse off every season since for this ludicrous decision. This was a game changer & is why STH must have priority

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is the crux.

STH's have been and always will be way, WAY ahead in the queue for away tickets.

Apart fron Spurs away when there were more tickets than STHs but, unbelievably, a good number of STH missed out. 3 people I know, STH from Gills days, did not renew leaving the club £1200 worse off every season since for this ludicrous decision. This was a game changer & is why STH must have priority

Getting people to part with their cash up front is the major priority. Would Bloom really have parted with serious money for CMS and Buckley if all he had were promises that a lot of people fancied going to the games? The fact that some are also prepared to travel all over the country with the team is great but contributes precisely nothing to the club financially.

Priority for big away games is one of the key incentives for stumping up the cash up front - something I learned as a kid... My first season ticket: 1983. Cup Final sorted!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
i agree with that in principle. but do STH have to be *so* way ahead? consider this: Jonny doesnt renew their season ticket for 2012/13 and stops going all together, while old George has been to 15 home games and travelled to 5 through the 2011/12 season. George continues his interest through 2012/13 with another dozen games home and away by Janurary. Forth round of the FA throws up Chelsea away. Jonny gets priority due to 1000 points verses 320, and off he goes. and the same could happen in 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. at 10 points a game it will take a fan 4 years to catch up with someone who had a season ticket one year.

still seem fair?

when i say "near", i mean say 75% if they have attended as many games.

Do we know for sure that a person's loyalty points just keep accumulating for ever? In the England members club they have two year membership periods and at the start of each new period you lose a certain number of points from the past. You only retain the points accumulated during the previous 4 year (I think it is) period.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
yea exactly! obviously the club would rather you attend home games. again this subject throws up to the fact that everyone thinks of loyalty differently. A lot of fans would argue travelling all over the country as loyal, whereas others would consider buying a season ticket and attending all home games as more loyal. The club have done the right thing for them so we cant argue really as that then benefits us as well!

Yes .... this is the main point ... while travelling the country backing the team is "loyal" it puts little if any money into the Albion ... the club will measure loyalty based on money spent with our club ....
That aside there will be very few away games that those who want a ticket will fail to get one as a lot of season ticket holders dont travel away

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is the crux.

Now that's loyal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here