Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loxwood

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Run out song.......

Match of the Day (from the Spot the Pigeon EP obviously)
thumbnail.aspx

Can you spot the ground and the teams???????

I don't know for a fact, but I would put down 'Maine Road' and Manchester City v um, someone else as the answer.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
living in wisborough green may i offer a cheap taxi service for any one arriving at billingshurst station about 8 miles fare £12 car for 4 people or minibus 8 people £20 looking forward to this game should draw a good local crowd have a decent club house enjoy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can someone confirm the details of the date/time, please? This is only down the road from us and is a great place to walk the dog!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can someone confirm the details of the date/time, please? This is only down the road from us and is a great place to walk the dog!

Albion have been drawn away to Loxwood FC in the second round of the Sussex Senior Cup, with the fixture to be played on Wednesday 2nd November (7.45pm).

After receiving a bye in the first round, the reigning champions will begin their campaign with a midweek trip to the Sussex County League 2 side.

The game will take place at Loxwood Sports Association, Plaisow Road, Loxwood, West Sussex RH14 0RQ, and admission is free for under-16s.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't know for a fact, but I would put down 'Maine Road' and Manchester City v um, someone else as the answer.

well done Al. 2 out of 3.

Maine Road - yes
Manchester City - yes (kinda would be really)

and you were missing Queens Park Rangers (taking the penalty - could be either Gerry Francis or Don Masson

oh, and that's former BHA keeper, Joe Corrigan, not saving it

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Albion have been drawn away to Loxwood FC in the second round of the Sussex Senior Cup, with the fixture to be played on Wednesday 2nd November (7.45pm).

After receiving a bye in the first round, the reigning champions will begin their campaign with a midweek trip to the Sussex County League 2 side.

The game will take place at Loxwood Sports Association, Plaisow Road, Loxwood, West Sussex RH14 0RQ, and admission is free for under-16s.

what about admission prices for OVER 16s

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
what about admission prices for OVER 16s

Now you see, at some point I would take a look at the official site, which is where this sort of information comes from. *

* £5

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
well done Al. 2 out of 3.

Maine Road - yes
Manchester City - yes (kinda would be really)

and you were missing Queens Park Rangers (taking the penalty - could be either Gerry Francis or Don Masson

oh, and that's former BHA keeper, Joe Corrigan, not saving it

QPR - yep. I knew I recognised the away kit and everything. I think you can make out Dave Watson in a Citeh shirt.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
living in wisborough green may i offer a cheap taxi service for any one arriving at billingshurst station about 8 miles fare £12 car for 4 people or minibus 8 people £20 looking forward to this game should draw a good local crowd have a decent club house enjoy.

Rip off merchant

D

Deleted member 2719

I have played quite a few footie games on those pitches used to be very bumpy and hard in the summer months and quite heavy in the winter as the area is surrounded by heavy clay.

However i think a lot of investment went into the pitch and facilities there from what i can remember they cut out big a area of trees to put the pitch in the middle.

I miss those days.:(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking of pubs in the area I drove through Loxwood to Guildford yesterday evening and noticed that The Crown in Alfold is now closed, with a to let sign outside. I suppose this is a sign of the times as it was always a busy village pub but perhaps the locals have stopped going out for a drink.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have always fancied a pub crawl round that way but would need someone to drive.

Talking of pubs in the area I drove through Loxwood to Guildford yesterday evening and noticed that The Crown in Alfold is now closed, with a to let sign outside. I suppose this is a sign of the times as it was always a busy village pub but perhaps the locals have stopped going out for a drink.

We've lived about 100m from the Crown for just over 2 years and in that time lt's had three tenants and a couple of temp managers from Greene King. Clearly trade has declined over the years (we previuosly lived in Rudgwick for 18 years so I'm familiar with the pub) but this has not been helped by the lack of capital investment in the building by GK going back decades and their insistance that all beer, including the non-GK ale that the tenant wanted, had to bought through GK. One of the previous tenants said he could buy this (Everard's Tiger was his eg) on the free market at 50% of GK's price - I think the rent was about £4k per month but if anyone's got £350k going spare then the freehold is yours. Last year GK refused to discuss selling the freehold to the tenant.
At the other end of the village the Three Compasses (on the W&A Canal adjacent to Dunsfold Airfield) is not doing much better. The long term tenants have just left and although someone has taken it on, it's not been open for a couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here