Lower West to North Stand ... Am l in for a shock?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The North East corner is okay, but I'm with Westdene Seagull as far as the view of the far goal is concerned. I seem to be missing out on the flow of the game sometimes. I'll decide soon whether to move to the East Upper or West Stand either in the New Year or next season but I will miss some of the people around me.

East Upper is great. It's like watching the game on the world's largest widescreen TV.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and there was me trying to get this thread back on track!!

I'm not sure your post was getting the thread back on track - more suggesting what the North Stand should be about ( which I agree with ) BUT I gave my opinion on the view from the North Stand which seems to have wound up some non-entity.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
See, here's my opinion on the view.. I sit front row NS so arguably the "worst" for some people, but I friggin love it. Watching from WSU is fine and all that but to me it just feels like watching on tv. Which I can do at home. Nothing quite like watching Buckley etc in full flight bolting straight towards you.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
East Upper is great. It's like watching the game on the world's largest widescreen TV.

If I wanted to watch a game that way I'd watch it on TV, most boring match I have been to at the Amex was sat in the WS, couldn't follow the game or see where passes were going as as for shots on goal you had to wait until the net bulged before you knew if it was a goal. And besides, I can watch it from a completely different angle two days later on seagulls player.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I've been persuaded, for the Barnsley game only, to give up my usual seat in the centre section of the genteel Lower West, to sit next to my mate in row G, directly behind the goal, of the North stand.

Bearing in mind my usual neighbours are ultra conservative middle class types who wouldn't say boo to a goose, do you think l might be in for a bit of a culture shocK? What should l expect?, will l have to stand for the whole game?, will there be bad language?

In row G you won't stand. I'm in row O and we generally are the second standing row.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I wonder how many of you are like my brother? He's been a Northstander since the 70s and seems to like being in with the noise and aggro, looking for fights, but not actually taking part. For him it's the atmosphere and camaraderie, not the football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports