Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOW HOME+AWAY FOLLOWING (its getting silly now)

Nov 3, 2003
lowest gate at Withdean speaks volumnes no one wants to see Magoo clowning in his circus and watching drab football like i been say for while crowds down and we dont need the extra seats and we dont need Falmer proof is out there its just a daydream or in the case of saturday a wet dream of dick tights

FG aka Football Genius. said:
lowest gate at Withdean speaks volumnes no one wants to see Magoo clowning in his circus and watching drab football like i been say for while crowds down and we dont need the extra seats and we dont need Falmer proof is out there its just a daydream or in the case of saturday a wet dream of dick tights

Talking sense.
Unless you move to a new area, with your pitiful fan base and low home attendances, you are getting set to take your place as the next Wimbledon.

Franchise Brighton on its way.... :shootself

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Laugh?I_nearly_cried said:
Talking sense.
Unless you move to a new area, with your pitiful fan base and low home attendances, you are getting set to take your place as the next Wimbledon.

Franchise Brighton on its way.... :shootself

Wanker

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree with Fatboy. This season going to Withdean has been a duty and not a pleasure. The Bristol City match was just dire and Saturday although we won was a horrible experience sitting for over 2 hours in the pouring rain.

Its a real chore at the moment and that can't be right.

Supporting the Albion away was more fun when there were less people. You always knew most of the people and we were usually stuck on some pitiful terrace in some forgotten town, so you knew everyone was committed.

As soon as we won division three all the people who'd been supporting other teams or taking the piss started turning up to games and the whole atmosphere changed and became a lot more sanitised. I remember Reading away when all these people turned up that had obviously never been to a game before.

But it's only football. Best thing to do is to stay pissed or f***ed for as long as possible.

xx

Dandyman

In London village.
fatboy said:
I have to admit that I am starting to get fed up with football, and Withdean in particular.

I love going to away games, and it takes a lot to make me not go to one, although I didn't go to Lincoln because I couldn't be bothered.

But I don't really have the desire to go to Withdean anymore. I feel like I am going the same way as Chemical Brother :(

Maybe it is the way we are playing and the bad results, it is probably a lot to do with the atmosphere. And the fact I have to sit next to Sheebo.

Hopefully Falmer won't be far away, and there will be a decent atmosphere there, they will serve beer inside the ground, and I won't have some **** behind me telling me to sit down and talking crap throughout the whole game.

GRRR.

Fatboy, you and your mates can't stop going. I need you lot to keep the wind and rain off my back :D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Plymouth - superb 20000 stadium, excellent catering facilities inside the ground just 20 seconds from the seats. Beer served before the game and at half time. Excellent peeing facilities with no queue. Covered stand where we were dry despite it pouring down. Great Atmosphere. Great day out.

Withdean - 6500 athletics stadium, catering facilites include a few burger stands several hundred yards from the seats where you have to queue up for 10 minutes and / or leave your seat at 3.35 pm to have any chance of having half time refereshments, no alcohol served at all, no covered area to eat, 10 minute queue for a portaloo. No covered stand ( south ), no atmosphere, bloody awful day out unless the footbll is good.

I think people are getting near the end of their tether with Withdean, it was meant to be 3 years, this is our 5th season so it will be 8 seasons in total. A long time in a football supporters life.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dandyman said:
Fatboy, you and your mates can't stop going. I need you lot to keep the wind and rain off my back :D

I'll never stop going, I'd have nothing else to do.

But the other lot I sit with won't be there next year.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Hannibal smith said:
Who can blame the people who don't go? Take my old man for instance. When we were at the Goldstone he went more or less every game for 25 years. He would go if we got Falmer but doesn't go to Withdean because;

(a) Its hassle getting tickets.
(b) In his own words he hates being 'treated like a criminal' if he dares to park anywhere near the ground.
(c) At the age of near on 60 he doesn't like sitting in the rain and cold
(d) It has no atmosphere.
(e) Its too expensive.

Take the cinema for example £5 to watch a film in the warm and often a guaranteed happy ending. No-one can argue footy is overpriced.

I too am "near on 60" (60 in Feb 2005).

I took 3 of my grandsons (aged 5, 3 and 3) and my grandaughter (aged 16) on Saturday in the rain and cold. Another grandson went to a different part of the ground with his Dad. It is probably less hassle to get tickets than it is to handle 3 very young kids!

But it was great, and BHA have another 5 fans for the future.

Hannibal, what you said is just a lot of excuses - if you wanna go, you go.

Sorry to hear about the rapid decline in Brighton's support. When I think back 2 or 3 years I find myself asking whatever happened to those 10,000 diehard Seagulls who came to Reading in Division 2 and 'took' the pubs, home stands and (probably) the supermarkets too????

Where oh where are they now?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WhitleyDennis said:
Sorry to hear about the rapid decline in Brighton's support. When I think back 2 or 3 years I find myself asking whatever happened to those 10,000 diehard Seagulls who came to Reading in Division 2 and 'took' the pubs, home stands and (probably) the supermarkets too????

:glare:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
WhitleyDennis said:

Are you a professional **** or is it just a hobby?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I love going and so do my 2 sons,but even there patience is beginning to waver,and that worries me.
They no longer want to sit in the wet and cold for 2 hours,and I cant say I dont blame them.They arent fair weather fans as they started going during the last year at The Goldstone and we have been Season ticket Holders ever since.
So they have been going for 6 years now and at the age of 13 and 14 they are in danger of being lost forever,and that scares me,as if they feel this way,what are the rest of the young fans we want to encourage to come and watch The Albion thinking?

We are in grave danger of losing a whole generation of Albion fans,if it takes 3 years to build Falmer,how many of us on here will continue to sit in the rain and wind for that time?:(

On a footnote to BYF;I love the away games,but it cost to much to go with 3 of us to Notts County at this time of year,plus the once in a lifetime chance to see England win a World Cup was always going to be a winner after the Bristol City Shambles!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bwian said:
Are you a professional **** or is it just a hobby?

Bit uncalled for, Whitely was not being sarcastic.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You have to take the rough with smooth. This is the rough (although it's not that bad nowadays), just think what the smooth is gonna feel like at Falmer. Stick with it and we will all be rewarded for our patience.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
WhitleyDennis said:

Just great coming from a club that have a brilliant ground,have a chance of going into the premiership and still can't get a full house.Your just still bitter and twisted because you've won F**k all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Witless's piss taking does amuse me and I am especially looking forward to the day it goes completely tits up for his no-mark club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Bit uncalled for, Whitely was not being sarcastic.

Sorry but I disagree with you.

Where does it indicate that he wasn't being sarcastic?

Besides, he doesn't like it then he can fcuk off back to his own club's board.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
oapdodge said:
Just great coming from a club that have a brilliant ground,have a chance of going into the premiership and still can't get a full house.Your just still bitter and twisted because you've won F**k all.

Won F**k all. Please elaborate oap matey on when you've ever won anything!?!? :p

To be honest with you all, us Reading fans have never taken the piss out of the Brighton support, and yet get a lot of flak in return. But as soon as you don't sell out a 7,000 seater stadium, you don't see a thread saying "5200 'crammed' into Withdean" a la that thread about us last year, do you?

Dennis's point isn't far off the mark. But instead of taking the piss out of other clubs for having relatively fickle support and proclaiming "big" status, I'd rather just realise that Brighton suffers from the same problem as every other non-Premiership southern club, which is that unless we hit the top flight we will struggle to find large crowds. Hit the top flight and we're laughing, but until then southerners are generally too lax to stay loyal to their club through thick and thin unlike clubs such as Man City, Hull, and Sheffield Wednesday.

Not a rant, just a realisation that we all need to be a bit more realistic every now and then. Even 8 glasses of Port down, and I still think the same (though going back every couple of minutes to recheck any bad spelling.... bear with me)... :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here