Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lovely Farewell Touch By The Withdean Residents. Bless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was a really nice surprise, much appreciated.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
many years ago, before those flats were built, the footie bus to the Goldstone used to pass by there and there was often a serverly disabled chap in his chair who would wave at us.

I often remember this and did so today, before the game, so it was great to see these residents out to wave us off. Fantastic stuff.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Every credit to them, by the way

YES, YES, NO, NO, NO, NO

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The second old lady from the right, I met her on a 5 bus from the Old Steine to Withdeam in about January time, and she said how much she was going to miss the Albion games when they moved to Falmer. She told me then they were planning on making a farewell banner for the last game but I'd forgotten all about it until I walked out today.

So anyone who thinks it's not sincere, or that all the residents hate us, I can happily confirm that plenty of locals are on our side and are quite happy to cheer us on. I'm sure they will from afar next season.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
many years ago, before those flats were built, the footie bus to the Goldstone used to pass by there and there was often a serverly disabled chap in his chair who would wave at us.

I often remember this and did so today, before the game, so it was great to see these residents out to wave us off. Fantastic stuff.

I remember Roy always sat out waving to all that passed. Nice chap.

Wonderful gesture by these Withdean residents. Gave them a little wave as we trotted off down the hill for the bus for the last time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
The second old lady from the right, I met her on a 5 bus from the Old Steine to Withdeam in about January time, and she said how much she was going to miss the Albion games when they moved to Falmer. She told me then they were planning on making a farewell banner for the last game but I'd forgotten all about it until I walked out today.

So anyone who thinks it's not sincere, or that all the residents hate us, I can happily confirm that plenty of locals are on our side and are quite happy to cheer us on. I'm sure they will from afar next season.

I think it's lovely of them because to be fair it can't always have been easy living there: having your road closed off every other week for 9 months of the year and extra noise particularly after evening games when you might be settling down for the night.
So fair play to them for making a great effort. I hope they enjoyed watching us this afternoon as much as I enjoyed seeing that.

Windsor Court, Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, BN1 5JS | Sheltered housing, supported housing for older people

Windsor Court, Tongdean Lane, Withdean, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5JS.

Housing with support.

53 flats. Sizes 1bed, 2bed. Built in 1989.

Services: Resident management staff and community alarm service.

Facilities: Lift, lounge, guest facilities, garden.

Accessibility: Access to site easy. Distances: bus stop 200 yards; shop 0.5 mile(s); post office 0.5 mile(s); town centre 2 mile(s); GP 0.5 mile(s); social centre 0.5 mile(s).

Lifestyle: Frequent social activities include craft afternoon, bingo, fish & chip supper, socials and coffee mornings, organised by social committee & estate manager. New residents accepted from 55 years of age. Both cats & dogs accepted, permission required.

Tenure: Leasehold.

Manager's notes: The residents have supported many charities through activities such as a mile walk in aid of Sport Relief, and have knitted hundreds of items for AIDS babies in Africa, Tibetan babies, and the local premature baby unit.

Whilst none of the flats are purpose built for regular wheelchair users, a number of flats are fairly suitable for wheelchair users.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
And in 1998 we were going to cause mayhem, urinate in their front gardens, leave the place looking untidy,park our cars all over their front lawns etc etc
We behaved ourselves and proved that real football fans are humans not the scum that Catt and his fellow protestors tried to give the impression that we were
I thought the poster was a fabulous moment

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course they'll miss us, who'll pick up the litter now ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here