Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nail on head.

Do alright, earn yourself some easy money on the nightclub / TV circuit for a short time and then invest it in something that will either allow you to live out a few dreams or set yourself up for a comfortable future.

Don't forget, for all the stick he gets on here sometimes, Harty is a successful businessman in his own right and I'm sure has given her some fatherly advice on the matter.

that is one thing you can clean up doing in Britain purely down to the size of the market ....pointless appearances in front of hundreds of paralytic morons for thousands of quid for doing absolutely **** all......brilliant....!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really? How many have said that? Most contestants who have come out have invariably earnt a lot of money from various things. I have a mate that works at one of the agency that manages people that come out of these shows and the majority are happy and well looked after. Turns out you can easily earn £250k+ a year from nightclub appearances for a couple of years and then if you invest your earnings wisely set yourself up nicely for a while. But not all do - some take the quick money as soon as they come out and easily go back into what they were doing.

Or you could just stick to a mundane job on £25k a year :shrug:

You really value a couple of trashy late night nightclub appearances over an honest decent 'mundane' job that serves some sort of socially worthwhile purpose?

Sort of feel sorry for you and your fast buck trashy values.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You really value a couple of trashy late night nightclub appearances over an honest decent 'mundane' job that serves some sort of socially worthwhile purpose?

Sort of feel sorry for you and your fast buck trashy values.

Did I say that?

And you're literally on a forum that is dedicated to men that are paid £30k-£50k a week to kick a football around.....

Do you have a guide as to what jobs have a worthwhile purpose and what don't so we all know?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did I say that?

And you're literally on a forum that is dedicated to men that are paid £30k-£50k a week to kick a football around.....

Do you have a guide as to what jobs have a worthwhile purpose and what don't so we all know?

Like to think most people know that already :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
14014630-7075027-image-a-58_1558965104973.jpg

Name: Amy Hart

Celebrity Crushes: Liam Hemsworth, Ashley Banjo, David Walliams and Simon Cowell. 'You’d never go there obviously but there is something about them,' Amy says

Claim To Fame: Amy once met Liam Payne and had a photo with him. When she posted it online she was bombarded with hate mail from One Directioners, who thought she was his new squeeze. Amy also has the same personal fitness trainer as Fiona Bruce, and once shared a bumper car with Tommy Boyd as 'it was literally the only one left, and I jumped in without knowing who he was'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? How many have said that? Most contestants who have come out have invariably earnt a lot of money from various things. I have a mate that works at one of the agency that manages people that come out of these shows and the majority are happy and well looked after. Turns out you can easily earn £250k+ a year from nightclub appearances for a couple of years and then if you invest your earnings wisely set yourself up nicely for a while. But not all do - some take the quick money as soon as they come out and easily go back into what they were doing.

Or you could just stick to a mundane job on £25k a year :shrug:

Fair enough. But personally, I wouldn’t want to prostitute myself in such a way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair enough. But personally, I wouldn’t want to prostitute myself in such a way.

Nor would I. Mainly because I am not good looking enough... but really not sure anyone should be looking down on those that do choose to do this kind of work.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Same. All for supporting your kids in whatever they decide to do in life. But allowing your nan and grandad to pay for your boob job sits a bit uneasy with me. Seems to me more than a wee bit creepy. Tho as you say, each to their own.

Just hope this thread is allowed to run its natural course by NSC mods and is not locked due to any pressure by the contestant's family.

As a wise man once said: Buy the ticket, take the ride.

The intention is to allow the thread to run its natural course. Having said that, I’d like to think that NSC’ers are a decent bunch and will pause before making a post if the intention is simply to wind up or distress, especially in the knowledge that Amy’s dad is well known to us.

Dads are rightly protective of their daughters, and without wanting to sympathy mine, it’s tough when you’ve lost contact with them. Before posting, just ask what you’d think if it was your own daughter that the comment was about, and if you’re happy with it, by all means post.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
(PS Don't bother coming on to this thread to say that you don't like the show, it's the end of civilisation etc. Maybe find a thread about something you do like? Cheers.)

Like any such suggestion has ever been followed on NSC ever. Seen it in Dr Who threads, Country Music threads, wrestling threads. Never once seen one of those threads without someone coming in and being dismissive of the topic.

A posters daughter is to appear..

OMG - does this mean we have to be careful when discussing baps, cleavage and camel-toes?

The intention is to allow the thread to run its natural course. Having said that, I’d like to think that NSC’ers are a decent bunch and will pause before making a post if the intention is simply to wind up or distress, especially in the knowledge that Amy’s dad is well known to us.

Dads are rightly protective of their daughters, and without wanting to sympathy mine, it’s tough when you’ve lost contact with them. Before posting, just ask what you’d think if it was your own daughter that the comment was about, and if you’re happy with it, by all means post.

Interesting. So, because we know this particular girl's father everyone is going to be on their best behaviour? Why is this girl only being treated with respect because we know her father? Shouldn't we treat her, and all the other women on this show with respect because it's a decent thing to do?

I know, I know. Liberal snowflake.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Each to their own and all that, and I'm sure it makes for compulsive viewing, but I'm not sure it's something to be proud of.

I would be worried about the suicides of two previous contestants, and reports of Montana Brown's anxiety issues, and wonder if the 'fame' is really worth it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Like any such suggestion has ever been followed on NSC ever. Seen it in Dr Who threads, Country Music threads, wrestling threads. Never once seen one of those threads without someone coming in and being dismissive of the topic.

Interesting. So, because we know this particular girl's father everyone is going to be on their best behaviour? Why is this girl only being treated with respect because we know her father? Shouldn't we treat her, and all the other women on this show with respect because it's a decent thing to do?

Not best behaviour, but if the intention is to distress her family then I’d rather people not make the post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Not at all, the first sign of a moving bedsheet and I'm going to report it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Talking to one of the dancers in Platinum Lace back in January and she was offered a part on the "show". The money was good but she didn't want the publicity. I think she was offered the part as a rival to one of the other contestants IIRC.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not best behaviour, but if the intention is to distress her family then I’d rather people not make the post.

But again, why just in this case? Shouldn't anyone who is only intending to distress people or their family not make the post in any thread on any topic?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

I don’t think Schmunk sees it this way (see three posts above).

I don’t know Harty personally although sadly I do know of his business due to some family bereavement over the past couple of years.

The best piece of advice I could give him is to stay off this thread. Nothing good will come from reading it when the show kicks off next week.

He seems a decent chap and as a fellow Albion fan I sincerely hope his daughter doesn’t get caught up in the moment - as many have done in previous series.

Certainly a reminder that whilst it’s a show for our entertainment, there can be lasting implications for the contestants family.

UTA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think the aim here is if she lets herself down then although it's open season do it nicely and factually, don't make stuff up and don't go overboard with the comments.
She is not Gemma Collins.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But again, why just in this case? Shouldn't anyone who is only intending to distress people or their family not make the post in any thread on any topic?

Taking the piss out of people on NSC is part and parcel of a football message board. Using someone’s child as a vehicle to have a go at the parent is different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here