Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Love -Forever Changes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While we're at it
Jeffair.jpg

The West Coast threw up so many of my favourite bands and musicians. This is another album I played to death as a teenager and like many others, one I still listen to. Grace Slick joining and bringing White Rabbit and Somebody to Love with her made Jefferson Airplane.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Do you have this album in your collection? Have you even heard of it?

One of the all time greatest ever albums from the Summer of Love (1967)

Still sounds amazing, happy, dark, paranoid and mariachi to boot! Needs to be played LOUD

http://youtu.be/Q1L11Y0I5E0

Bought mine in the record department downstairs at Beal's in East St, purely for the psychedelic cover. One of my better random choices

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
For the time that I've been given's such a little while
And the things that I must do consist of more than style

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I certainly do have this album, and still play it several times each year; musically and lyrically brilliant.

A very distinctive and original musical sound.

A genuine classic.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Fantastic album more appreciated after its time than in it. Love were often compared to their contemporaries The Doors. Both great bands, but Love for me every time.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I've never heard it. Is it as good as Jackson Browne's 'Late for the sky', or Gene Clark's 'No other'? If so, I will definitely check it out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've never heard it. Is it as good as Jackson Browne's 'Late for the sky', or Gene Clark's 'No other'? If so, I will definitely check it out.

It was you that pointed me in the direction of the excellent No Other, perhaps I can return the favour. You have an absolute treat in store, yes it compares well with both those albums, although very different. :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
An absolute classic. I owned it (and still have it) on vinyl in the late 1960's as a teenager, and own it now on CD also.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I LOVE Late for the sky. It is different, but I love it more. It has a 60s feel. More melodic Rokie Erikson . . .

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Wax Factor have a CD version in their window - buy now while stocks last!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Great album - definitely in my top 10 of all time
I've got the vinyl upstairs but also got the CD which I play a lot.
I saw Arthur Lee twice - once at the Greyhound in Croydon and once at the RFH. Never quite knew what he was going to do.
"Four Sail" which was the last "proper" Love album is out on CD in December

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here