Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Louise Fletcher - RIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I only remember her from the one film but she managed to make me hate the character she played probably more than any other film I’ve watched.

RIP Nurse Ratched

Decent run at 88

29780656-CFF1-4295-B616-A86C9796A893.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Still probably my favourite ever film, and she was central to that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Great performance by her in OFOTCN. Not a film I can watch though as it's impossible to warm to Mac 's character when remembering why he was sentenced there in the first place. Shame as casting and performances are mostly excellent.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great performance by her in OFOTCN. Not a film I can watch though as it's impossible to warm to Mac 's character when remembering why he was sentenced there in the first place. Shame as casting and performances are mostly excellent.

That’s preposterous…… ‘She was 15 going on 35 and she said she was 18……… seriously though do you mean that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
That’s preposterous…… ‘She was 15 going on 35 and she said she was 18……… seriously though do you mean that.

Convicted for sex with a minor, not a character I can warm to imo. You can have your opinion of course. Anyway, don't mean to derail this thread. Louise Fletcher's performance was indeed legendary.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My all time favourite film. Her portrayal of nurse Ratched was phenomenal.

And me…. I think what helped it was that it was based on a the stage play rather than the book..: the book is great but it was hard to have interpreted that story solely through the eyes of The Chief

And to think Michael Douglas had to say no to his father taking the role onto the screen

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Played Kai Winn in Star Trek DS9 too. Man she could play an evil character so well to the point where you truly hated them, even though their only fictional.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Such a great performance as Ratched. Brilliant film. Probably Nicholson’s finest film along with Five Easy Pieces.

She was far more attractive than the character too.

RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here