Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Louis van Gaal standing up to reporters

Dec 29, 2011
Has Wenger played LVG for a fool? He comes out and defends the Dutchman, this makes LVG think he's in the right so he comes out and attacks the media. Consequently the hole for LVG has become that much deeper. Bravo Arsene!

With Mourinho in the market, Pep looking for his next club and Giggs getting restless it's no wonder LVG is doing his nut. I can't see it getting any easier for him either.

Wenger should want LVG there as long as possible, Arsenal might win the league by default at this rate.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The players had lost confidence in Monk. He did a decent job with Laudrup's team at first, but results were tailing off and all was not well - players refusing to sit on the bench etc. All the locals knew that Monk would go, and once he had, the team put in a decent shift at Man City.

Players get managers sacked more often than papers do - ask Jose Mourinho. I actually think that the players are doing what LVG is asking them to, but that he's slipped behind the times tactically. As someone who dislikes Manchester United, I hope he stays.

I wouldn't question that you're in a better position to be able to judge the dressing room - but do we not find that inherently quite sad? That the players can effectively force out a manager as they obviously did with Mourinho. I think player power is more the reason for short manager tenure than trigger happy chairmen.

Do you know what, if anything, happened at Swansea? Did the players just get fed up with him and want him gone, or was there an incident? It seems odd for them just to turn, especially after making such a strong start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not really sure what to think. On the one had, it must be stressful to constantly read in newspapers and hear on the radio you're going to be sacked, not just for you but for your family too. But, the bit I saw with LVG asking for apologies for him and his family then went a bit too far and asked for an apology for the fans. That just seemed silly to me.

But, on the other hand, him still being in the job doesn't mean there haven't been conversations, and the reports about Mourinho being considered are false, so coming out like that seem a bit desperate.

Still, as others have said, United are slipping with him, long may it continue.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe it's a language issue but he comes across as an arrogant idiot as far as I am concerned.

Agreed that he comes across as an arrogant idiot. Moyes must be having a wry smile to himself. Can imagine much discussion going on at Man U about Mourinho / Pep / Giggs. I think a loss to Stoke on boxing day will see LVG fired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here